Anybody in vancouver?

Looking for a gaming partner? Here's the place to look!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Re: Anybody in vancouver?

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:43 am

You know I'm in and making a glorious pancake breakfeast the morning of. I guess I should post an introduction somewhere. Actually my WIP thread below will do.
‎"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (1729-97)

Squire

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 pm

i can only do friday or sunday busy saturday. but noon is fine
"Don't tell the elf"- Gimli
"Not a word"- Aragorn

Squire

Location: CANADA! BC, 40 minutes from Surrey, also known as the Dark Land of Mordor

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:48 am

so saturday at noon is bad? if so, then i can host, but i will still come out for the pancakes!!

Villager

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:22 pm

How often do you guys get together to game? I'm in Vancouver as well and want to get back into it, but I currently don't have my armies (they're a province over still in my parents' basement).

Once the summer hits, I'd be down for a battle once in a while. :)
{ lord_elrond - Villager(?) of the Last Alliance }

Villager

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:47 pm

I try to play every Friday night at my house usually with Chris Wiebe or another friend. Tonight we're playing Flames of War at my house. I've got a kid to worry about so its tough to get alot of games in. School as well. Summer should be fantastic, all of are armies are getting pretty big. There was talking of doing the Fields of Pelennor since combined we have the models. :lol: I would say we play a big game every 3-4 months.

Last week we played 1200 points Rohan/Dol Amoroth vs. Angmar with some house rules. A very tactical battle maybe even ridiculous (an hour just moving around and setting up charges, avoiding siege fire). Lots of fun.

If anything there are quite a few players scattered throughout the lower mainland.
‎"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (1729-97)

Villager

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:48 am

Its funny because when I lived in Calgary I collected for 3 or 4 years but could never find any opponents. Almost invariably at LotR nights I'd end up playing the staff that were there. So when I moved out here I didn't bother bringing my stuff, thinking I'd never have time and would never find opponents.

Good to know you guys are around. Are there any good leagues or tournaments in the area? I've been to one Conflict and would very much like another shot.

Also, do you guys still play SBG or is everyone into WotR now? I haven't made the switch yet.
{ lord_elrond - Villager(?) of the Last Alliance }

Villager

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Well when I started playing last summer they were play WoTR.

Squire

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:39 pm

when was the last time you had a game, i havent heard anything form chris?
"Not a word"- Aragorn

Villager

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:09 pm

We played last Friday night till midnight at GameStars in Langley. Its pretty nice. Lots of room for tables and very busy. We played a 6x6 Moria table I've been working on, 1000 points Gondor vs. 500/500pts of Isengard and Fallen Realms. Just Vanilla games lately, no Epic's or Legendary's, to get Bernie and Chris up to speed. We plan on playing there more regularly... I left my table there.

I was gonna play FoW tomorrow with Bernie but I got some OT at work. We are rotating FoW and WoTR and plan on trying SBG.

Chris got some Khand Chariots and he's easy to contact on Facebook.

Squire

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:23 pm

LOL so thats the LOTR group there. me and jind we there last weekend, and they said there was a group of people that came down to play LOTR. contact me if you are going to play.
"Not a word"- Aragorn

PreviousNext
Return to Opponent Finder