Gaming in Nottingham

Looking for a gaming partner? Here's the place to look!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Warrior

Gaming in Nottingham

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Well, over the fast couple of months, I've realised that there's now a fair few of us TLAers in Nottingham. Alright, about 4, but its a start! Anyway, I was wondering if those of us able to game in Nottingham (Warhammer World mainly, also the central store) on a regular basis got together and organised a mini league/campaign? I know a fair few of us, plus a few of the non-TLA regulars at WHW, are going to the GT this year, so it would provide a good opportunity to play some practice games, and of course enjoy some great gaming.

As far as I know, we have the following active TLAers who regularly game at WHW:

-Me
-Glorfindel
-earendil the mariner
-Nemo

If anyone else is out there who I've missed, let me know. So how does a small league sound in the run up to the GT? Gives opportunities to practice both Good and Evil lists, plus a bit of competitiveness when it comes to the event itself.

So peeps, let me know what you think!
James

Up for a game in Nottingham? Drop me a PM to arrange a battle!

Standard Bearer

Re: Gaming in Nottingham

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:34 am

Sounds brilliant James, Im up for it whenever really just depending on work. Dont think Im actually playing in GT this year (still coming to watch tho) but ill still be your test dummy if you want for training :P

Nemo

Standard Bearer

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:20 am

AWESOME. Although I don't live in Nottingham, my grandparents live there. So when I visit them I might occasionally visit Warhammer World or the Nottingham GW (I've been to both once).

My University Gaming Society may be organising a trip to Warhammer World sometime next year (possible January), I'll let you know more when I know.

Josh Pinder a.k.a Eldarion Telcontar a.k.a Shrike (my gaming society username).

Squire

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:19 pm

What kind of points level were you thinking? If we have it a bit lower 350-500pts, then I it'll mean we could get 2 in a night rather than one, and have time for other systems, means people dont have to spend so much if they want to join in(although I just got a boxload of high elves from ebay 8-) )

Just a thought though?

Villager

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:53 pm

I'd prefer Mansfield at Maelstrom games on a Thursday (or Tuesday) Night .

Let me know when you might meet at WHW. Have you let Tony B know ?

Squire

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:21 pm

What goes on at Maelstrom on a tuesday and thursday? I could probably get down if you ever fancy a game as its not too far from Mansfield train station and id like to check the gaming room there out!

Villager

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:07 pm

They have open gamingTuesday & Thursday nights. Mansfield Club gather there on Tuesday nights but there should be no booking of tables apparently. It is free last time I visited the shop. I've only popped in briefly so I cant tell you how busy it gets but the place is expanding next year.

Thursday nights is better for me.

You can email me on ispenfold@tiscali.co.uk (I dont visit TLA much at the moment)

Warrior

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:17 pm

I'll grab Tony at the GT, and hopefully you as well! Be good to sort something out, even if it's only once a month or something. In the meantime, after the GT we're looking at a mini-campaign at the moment. Should get more chance to look at it once this weekend is out the way.
James

Up for a game in Nottingham? Drop me a PM to arrange a battle!

Standard Bearer

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:52 pm

but you dont want to play with glorfindel hes evil
and does not respect his eldars
Mark, Warlord of Ipswich
i have bad spelling bad spelling

Vajeeta! what does the the scouter say about his power levels!
ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:59 pm

wha? :?

Next
Return to Opponent Finder