The TLA painting effort

Looking for a gaming partner? Here's the place to look!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Re: The TLA painting effort

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:09 am

I am new to the forum but have been painting and collecting off and on for years now, I would like to help by doing several of the elves that TLA needs to complete this daunting task! At the moment, I have quite a few I need to strip and paint again, but for now I have Haldir, Defender of Helm's Deep, Glorfindel unarmored, Wood Elf Captain/Command, as well as several others I would like to concept, like the Noldorin Exile. Hopefully, I'll have the first mini up soon! Glad to join The Last Alliance!

Squire

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:29 am

Welcome to the tla! I'd love to see some Noldorin Exiles. Do you have any photos yet?
I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.

Squire

Sun May 12, 2013 10:55 pm

I don't see any paint guides...But the bgime guides could be used with the old paints that are the same as the new paints under the new name,but old ones that are nothing like the new one under the old name.(not sure if anybody can read that)But this is very overdue.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard Bearer

Mon May 13, 2013 5:44 pm

With no article system working this whole thread is king of pointless :(

Squire

Mon May 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Then when will articles come back!?Its hilarious that its taking this long to make a new section(I never did anything like that but it shouldn't take this long)And if your smart enough to make a site your smart enough to do something that simple(Not talking to lonely knight in specific but Articles should be back by now.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squire

Mon May 13, 2013 10:00 pm

We've waited since late 2011.That's twice as long as I thought.

Standard Bearer

Mon May 13, 2013 11:15 pm

I have no idea how long it takes to do anything.
I could try learning.. hmmm.. whatever it is this site is built on?
But doubt I'd get anywhere on the article business.

I know the old site was built from scratch and had article submission forms handmade.
While this forum was not built from scratch and as far as I know can be created rather quickly.

Squire

Tue May 14, 2013 7:01 am

It would be good to know a bit more about what is happening with this section - my guess is that it is done by volunteers who have busy lives and there is no money to be able to hire someone to do it?

It would be good to see it active again though, as I think it would be a great benefit to the site. What we can do for now is do the guides and link it still. Otherwise just write up the guide in your thread and post the pictures there - as the images should be hosted elsewhere this shouldn't be too much of an issue? correct me if im wrong.

Squire

Tue May 14, 2013 9:41 pm

We could start a thread for each army for example:How to paint Gondor.We have guides to paint all of Gondors miniatures and terrain (White stone,I don't know the real name)But other then questions we should ask could we avoid compliments (Unless the minis are painted by hobby gods in disguse) :D Its seems like Ukfreddy is the hobby god of sculpting(Not kidding so a smile wouldn't fit here)

Squire

Wed May 15, 2013 1:53 am

DKB: Yeah, if there is no article system in place, there is no harm making a thread for it. To prevent multiple copies, you would just need to have a master thread which links the guides, easy enough to do. There can be more than one way of painting models though so the point of course isn't to limit it to only one or the best but to limit the amount of the exact same guides where possible. If people want to put up guides that have already been done, that's their choice, but they should know what has been done before undertaking the guide.

As for sculpting, ukFB is pretty good, but TLA has had a number of excellent sculptors over the years, many of whom would be considered as good or better than him. If you have patience and think things through, sculpting isn't as hard as it seems. Added to this is that there isn't one perfect sculpt for anything - people can add things to their sculpts which you wouldn't have done, but is something you may not have thought about or pictured how to do, and every model is going to be unique, so its great to be able to learn from.

PreviousNext
Return to Opponent Finder