Looking for players Boston, Ma area

Looking for a gaming partner? Here's the place to look!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: Looking for players Boston, Ma area

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:10 am

Great! Thank you.

Villager

Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi,

I'm in Lexington MA, and just started playing with my son. We have a number of armies and plenty of room to playing. I saw this thread from a couple of months ago. Are people playing hereabouts?

Matt

Villager

Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:12 pm

Yeah. I'm in framingham. I play in Watertown at a club on Thursday nights. I have Gondor and mordor. I'm trying to get my first few games in still.

Villager

Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Where (generally) in Framingham? We used to live on Edgell Rd. Where in Watertown are you playing?

We are generally more available on weekends and have a dedicated game room with plenty of terrain and play space. If you are interested in coming out we can set something up.

Standard Bearer

Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:23 pm

I have a car. Have many armies good and evil. Have lots of terrain. Can have up to 3 game tables going at once at my place but can also travel. I am available on Sunday nights only at this point. Let me know if anyone has anything going on, give me some advanced notice so I can pull and pack armies if I am traveling and so I can gather directions and such.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Villager

Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:48 pm

Sunday evening, April 19th, is currently open if that works. What time could you play?

Standard Bearer

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Sunday sounds good. I am free after 5 pm.
How many points? I will pick out a couple options from there.

Villager

Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Let's see how many people we end up with.

Brutal Legend, could you make the 19th?

There are also a few people in my group who may be interest in playing.

What points would you recommend for a 2v2 game?

Standard Bearer

Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:26 pm

if 4 players are playing 2 vrs 2 then 500 points each is good (1000 points per side). This keeps the powerhouse heroes to a minimum. if going 1 vrs 1 then 750 is better as it allows a person to bring a couple good heroes yet not unbalance the match.

If 2 people bring 750 each the problem is that you end up having 5 wraiths maybe a balrog or sauron on one side and still a huge amount of orc fodder and on the other you have imrahil, Aragorn, Boromir, Gandalf and even some minor heroes plus a bunch of warriors and although this may sound fun, it can become very tasking cause so many heroic activity is taking place in a single turn. With 500 per side you get two or three good heroes, some minors and captains and turns go fairly quick and possibly time for a second match can occur.

Villager

Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Let's go with 1000 pts a side (two forces of 500 pts each). I'm inviting a few others to come (I assume the more the merrier), so the odds are that we will have at least 2v2. Do you want good or evil? Which ever you choose, please create both armies, as the others will likely be new to the rules (not that we have much experience).

5 pm, Sunday, April 19th, my place in Lexington. I'll PM you my address and set up an email chain with invitation info. Anyone else on this list who wants to and is able to come is welcome. Just let me know and I'll include you on the email chain.

PreviousNext
Return to Opponent Finder