Looking for players Boston, Ma area

Looking for a gaming partner? Here's the place to look!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Looking for players Boston, Ma area

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Anybody in the Boston metro area looking for games of Lord of the Rings/Hobbit?

Let me know

-Jon

Standard Bearer

Re: Looking for players Boston, Ma area

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:58 am

Hey...
I live in Worcester.
I have two full tables for playing (both 4' x 4'). I have plenty of models and all the stats too. So yeah, what is up?

In addition I know of at least one regular player I can intro you to, incase our schedules collide. I do have a car too. I know of another player that has not played in a while, but I think it is just a matter of me not nagging him enough.
I have wanted to start doing gaming demo's at various hobby shops in the area to grow the game. Also there are some players up in NH we can plan a mock tournament against them sometime or plan a visit to one of their gaming nights up there. So, get in touch.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Villager

Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Sithious. Great to hear from you. I have a place where we can play in Waltham, Ma. I play with a group of gamers that rents out a VFW hall every Thursday night. We have tables and terrain. There are a few people who have armies.

Apparently, I can't send PM messages yet because I am new to the forum, but I would like to schedule a game or two for the end of January or February.

Standard Bearer

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:46 am

Well this is great news. I have almost all the armies, some have more painted models than others.
currently I don't have Thursday nights free. I work M-F 2:30p to 11p, and wake up at crack of dawn to watch my daughter as she is not in school yet. So for me, Sunday nights is pretty much my only open gaming time. But my friend Dav plays and may have a more open schedule for that night, I will send him an email and let him know to seek out this forum. I have a huge pad, two tables (and can actually get another one or two in there) so if we plan in advance perhaps we can still manage something, or if you and your crew can make a special sunday outing sometime and I can head out your way.
if you click on the link in my signature it will send you to my site that has a ton of pictures of my painted models. on that first page is also my email address so you can get in direct contact if you want from there.

Villager

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi again, sorry for my delay. I have been trying to get my buddies in line and making sure they know some games may be coming in the future. We can try to do a sunday. If your friend can make it on a Thursday night that would be great too.

A friend and I were going to try and get a game in soon because although we play warhammer fantasy and 40k we aren't that well versed in the game yet.

Villager

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:16 pm

I also forgot to put my settings on automatic notification. I was waiting for a reply without checking back here to see if there was one.

I think I should be notified when I have a message so there won't be as much lag time between messages.

Standard Bearer

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Cool. If we ever stop getting feet of snow then we can get things in line. I know the system pretty well, I do look up things a lot because I have been playing since the Two Towers Rulebook, there have been many changes along the way and sometimes can get confused as to which one is current ruling.

Also I highly recommend Battle Companies, this is LOTR SBG but in a RPG style, so your captains gain points, special rules, experience and what not, and warriors get promoted to elites or on some occasions can become heroes too and start gaining Might, will and fate points. Anyway, we can discuss that some other time.

Squire

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:42 am

"Also I highly recommend Battle Companies, this is LOTR SBG but in a RPG style, so your captains gain points, special rules, experience and what not, and warriors get promoted to elites or on some occasions can become heroes too and start gaining Might, will and fate points. Anyway, we can discuss that some other time."

This is new to me and would like to know more.

Villager

Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:41 pm

Yes the snow puts a hold on playing games.

Standard Bearer

Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Down load complete rules for Battle Companies here.
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/kb.php?a=259

This was originally in White Dwarf Magazine. It was redone by GW again. But this is a fan made (but very professional) version that includes hobbit models. This system has been tested by me several times and is perfect.

Next
Return to Opponent Finder