Companies of Heroes

For all discussions regarding the War of the Ring system.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Companies of Heroes

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:50 pm

I have two questions regarding companies of heroes, such as the Fellowship, or the Three Hunters. The main question is, is a company of heroes regarded as a hero?

1. Can I use Lurtz assasins shot on them, after all, they could be counted as a hero cause they have might.

2. Can I use Desperate Heroics to replenish their might? I.e. Fellowship is down to 0 might and I expand 1 might form a captain within 12" to get them at 10 might again.
Singles GT 2011: 11th
Singles GT 2012: 11th
Doubles GT 2012: 11th

Ranger

Re: Companies of Heroes

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Yup, they're heroes for all intents and purposes unless said otherwise in their own rules, so DH indeed gives you back all 10 Might (I noticed it's a really popular combo to use DH on The Three Hunters because they're seen more often on tables) and yeah Assassin's Shot will work.
BlackMist - 2 times UK LotR Champion.
Coordinator of the Great British Hobbit League.
Click to view the rankings
Join the Facebook group to stay up to date with the latest Tournaments

Villager

Re: Companies of Heroes

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:41 pm

BlackMist wrote:Yup, they're heroes for all intents and purposes unless said otherwise in their own rules, so DH indeed gives you back all 10 Might (I noticed it's a really popular combo to use DH on The Three Hunters because they're seen more often on tables) and yeah Assassin's Shot will work.

Under this rulling then you would have Mithril Coat fortune also working for any company of heroes too! In the case of the MC the entire formations resilience would go up just as its might would with DH. This may not have been the intention but if one holds(DH) then the other surely must hold aswell(MC). I would really like to get your thoughts on this blackmist?

Return to WOTR Rules Queries