Battlehost and swoop attck questions

For all discussions regarding the War of the Ring system.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Battlehost and swoop attck questions

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:01 am

Hey guys, got a couple of rules questions i would like to get clarified.

Q No.1 Can an epic hero that is not in a battlehost ever move to join a formation on the field that is part of that battlehost? I feel the rulebook doesnt really address this clearly.

Q No.2 After reading the section "The enemy are upon us"(pg 33) and swoop attack(pg 162). Could a nazgul perform a swoop attack of between 12" and 18" if it was within 6" of an enemy formation at the beginning of its movement phase?

Any and all help appretiated.

Squire

Re: Battlehost and swoop attck questions

Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:48 am

adragonsfang wrote:Q No.1 Can an epic hero that is not in a battlehost ever move to join a formation on the field that is part of that battlehost? I feel the rulebook doesnt really address this clearly.

No, the Rulebook doesn't really say. I have heard descent arguments in both directions, it is largely up to you and your play group. Personally, I think several of the 'hosts become too overpowered if it is allowed, so I would say no myself.

Actually, I consider most of the book to be pretty badly thought out and would not recommend using battlehosts at all unless you have a very flexible group that is willing to cherry pick the particularly fluffy ones and the one or two that address serious weaknesses in their army list.

[quote]Q No.2 After reading the section "The enemy are upon us"(pg 33) and swoop attack(pg 162). Could a nazgul perform a swoop attack of between 12" and 18" if it was within 6" of an enemy formation at the beginning of its movement phase?/quote]
Ooh, good question. I think so. The enemy are upon us says it effects the actual movement traveled instead of the move stat so I don't see any other way that those two rules are likely to interact.

Hope that helps.

Villager

Re: Battlehost and swoop attck questions

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:38 am

thanks, it is helpful indead. I too thought some are too strong with the epic heroes in but when trying to make lower point armies with battlehosts in i kept finding myself with no formations to put my extra heroes in and so the other side of me thought i wish they could join. I didnt really want formations running round with lots of heroes in them whilst the rest have none. I guess its better for them not to.

Return to WOTR Rules Queries