Counselors

For all discussions regarding the War of the Ring system.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Counselors

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:34 am

Was just wondering exactly how this rule plays out when there are more then one councelor in your army? My interpretation would be that at the begining of the priority phase all counselors must state how much might they each want to spend BEFORE ANY of them roll to see what happens. As oppossed to each intern spending their might and then rolling before the next Counselors spends might and then rolls?

I notice some people play house rules that stop them "Counseling" each other but even following this house rule it leaves room for epic renewal to play in. Therefore I would like to know the order of "Counseling". :)

Squire

Re: Counselors

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:46 am

There is no clear answer. I know a lot of people just forbid counselors using it on each other, like you said, but I think your way also makes a fair amount of sense.

Capping counselor so that it can't raise might above the hero's starting level might also work to balance it.

It hasn't really been a problem with my group so we haven't dealt with it yet.

Villager

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:57 am

Well i wanted to use gandalf and galadriel and radagast in my upcomming xmas battle cause my friend is using 2 nazgul on fell beasts(one of which is the witch king) and at least 2 other ringwraiths, so i need alot of magic of my own. Our armies are only 2k so i feel i really need to pack a punch and have a good strategy in place. Some of that strategy includes getting the most out of Counselors whilst not being too much of a "prick".

Squire

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:01 am

adragonsfang wrote:Well i wanted to use gandalf and galadriel and radagast in my upcomming xmas battle cause my friend is using 2 nazgul on fell beasts(one of which is the witch king) and at least 2 other ringwraiths, so i need alot of magic of my own. Our armies are only 2k so i feel i really need to pack a punch and have a good strategy in place. Some of that strategy includes getting the most out of Counselors whilst not being too much of a "prick".

The fell beasts shouldn't be too much of a problem. "Hard to Kill" monsters aren't really that hard to kill. Nazgul hiding in with formations that you have to kill first, that can be a problem though.

Villager

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:45 am

i just dont want the fell beasts to kill all my WoMT and AoMT. So i want to kill them asap and still have might to protect my wizards from his other ringwraiths.

Squire

Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:09 am

If you are planning on taking Gandalf and Galadriel anyway, then some combinations of Light of the Valar, Sunder Spirit, Visions of Woe, and Gandalf's Blinding Light should take care of the Flying Wraiths in short order.

Villager

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:14 pm

that was the plan indeed :) and some extra might will come in handy to make sure they die asap.

Return to WOTR Rules Queries