Monsters and Line of Sight (and ballistas)

For all discussions regarding the War of the Ring system.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Monsters and Line of Sight (and ballistas)

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:16 am

I tried looking for where it said monsters could see and be seen over infantry formations, and I coulnd't find it ANYWHERE. It makes sense that this would be the case, but I can't find it and it wouldn't be the first time GW made a rule that didn't make sense. This also brings up the question of ballistas and catapults. I know they're not monsters, but I don't see why those giant hunks of metal and wood wouldn't be able to see and be seen over infantry.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Villager

Re: Monsters and Line of Sight (and ballistas)

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:44 am

As far as im aware line of sight is always from base to base. Only is certain circumstances is it over-ruled, one being mumaks and the other being units on hills. If a bunch of orcs are infront on a troll for example then the troll cant be seen.

Squire

Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:41 am

All formations block line of sight. As mentioned, the only exception is something that counts as an "elevated position" like the Mumak. Essentially, the Mumak is its own mobile hill.

Villager

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:02 am

Wow, and here I've been playing it that monsters could be seen over other formations for the past few years.

Villager

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:20 am

Sparedbile wrote:Wow, and here I've been playing it that monsters could be seen over other formations for the past few years.

Well thats a real game changer!

Return to WOTR Rules Queries