Tournament Painting Quality Requirment

For all discussions regarding the War of the Ring system.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Tournament Painting Quality Requirment

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:15 am

I'm painting my Wood Elves for my Wood Elf/High Elf Army, and I was wondering, what is the level of quality of painting required for tournaments?
"A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."-Legolas, The Lord of the Rings

Squire

Re: Tournament Painting Quality Requirment

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:31 am

They just have to be painted. No quality listed. The model's bases must be done too though. This is what I found on the GT rules pack for the UK.
"Such is the nature of evil. In time all foul things come forth."
—Thranduil in The Desolation of Smaug

Villager

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:34 am

gil-galad's elves wrote:I'm painting my Wood Elves for my Wood Elf/High Elf Army, and I was wondering, what is the level of quality of painting required for tournaments?

Well other then actuelly being painted, i dont think there is one. Obviously you clearly can't have unpainted, or just base coated pieces. But if you paint enough of the detail into them(i.e face, hands, weapon, clothing and armour) you don't have to worry how good they look. Try your best though, nobody wants to play somebody who hasnt atleast made some effort to paint each of there pieces, no two block-coloured pieces.

Villager

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 am

Thanks guys :D
"A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."-Legolas, The Lord of the Rings

Return to WOTR Rules Queries