Heros without horses

For all discussions regarding the War of the Ring system.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Heros without horses

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 pm

If a Hero, let's say Galadriel Protectress..., doesn't have a cavalry version of her, can you still use her in cavalry formations?

I'm asking because my friend put Gimli in a formation of Galadhrim Knights, And used Epic Rampage against some infantry, he can keep attacking untill he doesn't hit, and since cavalry strikes before infantry, he said I couldn't strike back. He wipes out entire formations with that.
"A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."-Legolas, The Lord of the Rings

Standard Bearer

Re: Heros without horses

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Moving this to the WotR rules queries forum since it's a rules query

I don't recall any limitation concerning which companies epic heroes could join that would keep Gimli out of a cavalry formation. As I recall it we even made several jokes about what he would ride.
Just make sure you are doing the Epic Rampage right, I remenber some people grossly misread it making it insanely powerful

Villager

Re: Heros without horses

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:42 am

Thanks. So even if Gimli doesn't have a cavalry model version of him, he can still join a cavalry formation? Would the Legolas and Gimli riding a Horse count as him on a horse for a cavalry formation??
"A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."-Legolas, The Lord of the Rings

Return to WOTR Rules Queries