Eagles

For all discussions regarding the War of the Ring system.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Re: Eagles

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:31 am

mr. dude wrote:I'd get one just for their speed. 24"+charge or 36" swoop attack.

You cant move and swoop attack. you can only swoop attack if you havnt moved
Everything sould be made as simple as possible but no simpler. (Elves rule)

Villager

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:50 am

And of course one Strength from Corruption kils eagels and other monsters, so fielding them until this spell will be banned to use on enemy formation does't make much sense, unless You play against unexperienced opponent. However Nazgul tactica Wings of Terror (12" + 12" At the double + spell range 12") gives them 36 " range to get Your Eagel, so it's not easy to hide.

Standard Bearer

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:30 am

i dont find swoop attack useful as you could just fly over the enemy and charge them in the
rear :|
if it was per company moved over rather than formation moved over
then i would feel diffrently
Mark, Warlord of Ipswich
i have bad spelling bad spelling

Vajeeta! what does the the scouter say about his power levels!
ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squire

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:16 am

And then you have a nazgul sitting out in the open, that you can shoot the bejeezus out of. :D
Active member of...
Nundawading Wargames Association (Melbourne, Australia)

Villager

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Eagles as monstrous mounts in WoTR, any thoughts? even if it were limited to a small list of figures whom Gwaihir & the Eagles would "allow" to ride them. Make it even better by having it be that the Great Eagles "allow" more riders (one at a time obviously, just a larger list of possible charactes) than does Gwaihir, ie. Gwaihir would carry only those such as Gandalf, Radagast, Aragorn, Galadriel, Elrond, Saruman (good Saruman, perhaps) & even those last 4 would be maybes, the only locks should be Gandalf & Radagast. The Eagle/hero combo would be a more viable (& sensible at the same time) answer to the Fell Beast/Nazgul, & it would still be an investment of alotta points too, significantly more than the Nazgul/Fell Beast itself. This seems to me like a reasonable option to include in WoTR. any thoughts?

Cheers

Villager

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:09 am

love the Giant Eagles gameplay (with a few possible changes), despise that the Giant Eagles are clunky (metal), poorly fitted pieces of Gamesworkshops better examples of feces, disgustingly overpriced feces at that. if they were made of plastic they would be easier to assemble and (likely) cheaper. even cheaper by Gamesworkshops horrible standards would be nice. ah, I do so hate gw. I wish somebody else had done war of the ring. ok, rant over, cheers all

Previous
Return to WOTR Rules Queries