Tips for photo taking of miniatures!

For all painting related discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Re: Tips for photo taking of miniatures!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Lindir wrote:You need to press the "Img" button when you post a reply. Then paste the link between the brackets that show up.

Like this:

[img]link_goes_here[/img]

Ok tried, that it's just bringing up a wee ? Graphic. There's also a HTML and bb code would they work?
and it is sung that the axe smoked in the black blood of the troll-guard of Gothmog until it withered and each time that he slew Hurin cried 'Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!' Seventy times he uttered that cry; but they took him at last alive...

Villager

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Not sure what that means, you sure you put the link to the fullsize image? Try posting the pic somewhere so we can figure out whats wrong ;)

Villager

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:49 am

That's all it brings up..I'm using my iPad for uploading and taking the photos could that be the problem?

Here's a link to the photo,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69945857@N03/6358859865/
and it is sung that the axe smoked in the black blood of the troll-guard of Gothmog until it withered and each time that he slew Hurin cried 'Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!' Seventy times he uttered that cry; but they took him at last alive...

Squire

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:10 am

Is this it? ;)
If you right click on the image and go to "View Image Info" you can copy the image "location."
The location for your photo is this: http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6102/6358 ... 2f3565.jpg ...which you copy in between the two image brackets.

Edit:
PS- Nice looking dwarves.
My WIP page: Click Here! -->So It Begins

Current Project: Dragon - Cave Trolls - Goblins

Villager

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:48 am

Aw lethal your an absolute legend! Thanks to everyone who helped I'll make sure and give you a shout out when I finally get my painting log posted!

Cheers,
Stephen

Villager

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:58 am

Hey could you check out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63994636@N03/

Thanks LuKiss

Squire

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 pm

I built a small "set" to take pictures. Still need to work on the lighting a little, but it works.

Details and picture of the set on my blog:
http://xinslair.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-photo-set.html

Cheers, Xin

Villager

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:58 am

I put my models on a clear table and take a few steps back. I like to take side on pics or front pics, as usually that's where the best painting is. I zoom in a bit, just to capture a good point, usually the face. I take a few pics, review and turn my model slightly.
We cite Om-nom-iticus 13:2, whch states that "thou pootis with pootis pootis pootis, despite sandvich pootis while the pootis of pootis pootis is pootis".
May your mittens never chill, and your bread never stale.

Site Admin

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:37 pm

And I just use an iPhone :D

Previous
Return to Painting