Avenger's WIP Dalamyr's head 3/5

For all painting related discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Warrior

Re: Avenger's WIP Khand 19/3

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 am

Nice painting but the riders look a bit to bland model wise. I personally use the samurai for the khandish
Lust,Gulttony,Greed,Sloth,Wrath,Envy,Pride.

Warrior

Re: Avenger's WIP Khand 19/3

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:39 pm

I had lots of time yesterday, and the weather was nice, so I undercoated the goblin convertions, and painted them up! I tried to do them in the same style as my old ones so they wouldn't stick out too much. My old ones were just basecoat, wash, done. These guys I added in a highlight after the wash and then washed it again, hopefully they'll still blend in nicely, but they're better and if I ever re-do my other goblins I won't have to re-do these guys....

I tried some wet blending on the cloak of Groblog. I had washed the red with black, and then realized that becuase the wash stays wet for longer I would have the time to do some wet blending. It was lots of fun, and I think I got smoother transitions than with layering. I want to get some medium yet so I can do proper wet blending.
I also really like the jewel in Groblog's crown, I think it's my best one yet!

The shaman has a mask on, I went for blue hair to really make him stand out. Maybe it's his actual hair that he's died, or fake hair attached to the back of the mask. I also glazed the mask so that it had a blue tint to it, just for some variety.

I also painted up a couple of prowler with shield and prowler with bow conversions.

Warrior

Re: Avenger's WIP (Goblins) 19/3

Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:23 am

A quick project I did this evening; converting my easterling swordsmen into spearmen. The idea was shamlessly stolen from Coen. I am also converting an archer into Amdur, so I will have Amdur leading a warband of 12 spearmen, and then 7 spare archers...(silly easterling box... :x )

Standard Bearer

Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:35 am

Easterlings look cool...heh heh easter-lings.. nice.
I think you should put some tribal/primitive markings on the shaman mask, nothing fancy, just simple hash marks, it would break it up and really point out that it is a mask. just an opinion.
King looks good too, saved yourself a few bucks with that.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Warrior

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Yeah, I think I might add/change the mask yet. Someone on O-R suggested to make the mask a different colour too, I was thinking maybe a red or green tint? I don't know....But, I was thinking of doing some tribal markings at the start, and then just chickened out. :)

Warrior

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:49 pm

I've got a pic heavy update today. I finished off Suladan, and almost finished a dwarf shieldbearer. Pics of an Amdur conversion in my next update. :)

He looks right at home leading a bunch of haradrim.

The shield bearer is the first figure I've tried to sculpt from an armature. I was also rushing a bit to try and finish him for the O-R sculpting competition, so some of the proportions are a bit off. Improvements can be made, but all in all I'm happy with him. :)

He's maybe a little big, but not terribly so. I also really like his cloak, it's definitely the best I've done so far.

C&C welcome

Warrior

Re: Avenger's WIP (Suladan finished!) 1/4

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Finished the Shieldbearer. Overall this guy is not as good as Suladan, but I spent less than half the time on him than on Suladan. He was also my first try at sculpting from an armature. So with that in mind, I'm happy with him. He'll look fine on the table, chopping up my opponents. :)

I hope to prime up the shieldbearer and suladan and get painting them soon. But, some of what I've been doing in the meantime. I finished the shieldbearers hand, and changed the boots a bit.

And, as promised, here's the Amdur conversion. I'm not totally happy with the right arm and hand, but I'm not sure if I want to go back and try and fix it... :x

And finally, I added some red tribal scroll-y markings to the shaman's mask. I quite like it now. (The original pictures were quite dark. I brightened them a bit, and dropped the contrast a lot so that you can see the markings, but the colours are now off, fyi. )

C&C away!

Warrior

Re: Avenger's WIP 4/4

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:29 pm

I like everything except suladan , that scimitar just looks too big for me dare I say warhammerish?
Lust,Gulttony,Greed,Sloth,Wrath,Envy,Pride.

Warrior

Re: Avenger's WIP 4/4

Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:50 am

Suladan, finished. :-D I'm really happy with how he turned out. I didn't attempt eye's on him as they are very shadowed. (Not to mention that I didn't sculpt any eyes, just the crevices.) :mrgreen:
If somone has a nice serpent/haradrim freehand image, I'd like to see it. I plan on doing something in either light purple or ice blue on the flat back of his banner holder. (I left it flat for that purpose, there's thinking ahead for yah! :E )

On to the pictures!

C&C appreciated

Warrior

Re: Avenger's WIP 9/4

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:52 am

And Amdur is finished. C & C appreciated. :)

PreviousNext
Return to Painting