So, I need some help

For all painting related discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

So, I need some help

Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:58 am

I've recently started an army of dwarves, starting with Grim Hammerers and two boxes of dwarf warriors.

The Warriors I'm doing a Blue and grey cloth scheme with leadbelcher metal armor and regular Abbaddon Black for boots and some belts. My question here is, what should I use for flesh color, and how should I go about painting the Hammerers with Runelord brass for the armor color. The stretched pictures are the Dwarf warriors without flesh on, I failed to get some at the store I went to :(

Villager

Re: So, I need some help

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:04 am

Couldn't post them, too big of a picture so here's a link to Imgur.

ht tp://imgur .com/WhG7UmZ

Site Admin

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:41 am

GW do a colour called Dwarf Flesh (may have been renamed something copyrightable by now), but in case you are considering it I would advise that it is too much of a baby-pink to use for LOTR models.
I'd go with something a lot less bright.

Villager

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:40 pm

Yeah, I ruled out dwarf flesh color. But what else should I get paint wise for the grim Hammerers?

Villager

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:22 pm

not entirely sure if it was the direct replacement but i found the GW Bestigor Flesh (new names) with a light wash of scorched brown (or whatever it's closest replacement currently is) then a tiny little bit of highlighting gives good dwarf fleshy tone.

Return to Painting