Númenorean Archaeology?

For all terrain based discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: Númenorean Archaeology?

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm always 'wowed' when i come into the terrain section, yous who make this stuff just blow my mind, that level of detail is amazing. Now if I can some how raid all of your houses.. or at least come around for a game :D :D :D

Villager

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 am

Thought I'd bring you up to date on my progress. I was at a point on the Fort that I needed to start thinking about the Long Walls that would go off on either side. I wanted them to have buttresses that mimicked the ones on the corners of the Fort. The number I would need was more than I cared to make individually, even with the jigs to streamline production. Instead, I made some masters from which I could create molds and cast multiple units in resin.

These are the silicon rubber molds. One base buttress, an extension, and two capitals.

This is the buttress with the large capital, to support a protruding shooting position.

With the standard capital.

With the extension.

A short buttress, using the large capital as a base.

The extension is even reversible.

A whole lot of possibilities.

At this point I wanted to investigate the steps to mass-producing Bolt Throwers to place on the walls, in this case Cheiroballistras. The real ones were made of metal, so I made mine of brass. The whole procedure is explained in greater detail at http://hobbydrsgametable.blogsspot.com/

This was my first attempt, not too bad. Unfortunately it was a litle too big for my planned wall, and more labor intensive than I liked. I knew that with some jigs, I could make them smaller and faster.

The second, smaller thrower.

There is a third, even-smaller version in the works.

That's all for now. The next update will show my progress planting the Fort on a terrain board. Comments and questions welcome. Don

Villager

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:23 am

Nice work!. The blog was very interesting too.
Who is so wise in the ways of science?

Villager

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am

This is absolutley fantastic!!

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more!
King of the North!!

Squire

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Wow, that is an amazing amount of craftsmanship and amazing craftsmanship. Great Job.
http://richmondwarmancers.blogspot.com/ a space for news, hobby tips, battle reports and opinion on Lord of The Rings, Battlefleet Gothic and both warhammer systems.

Squire

Thu May 10, 2012 5:56 pm

awesome!!!
"Never underestimate the stupidity of a human being" - Matthew Klein

Previous
Return to Terrain