Snow Board

For all terrain based discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Snow Board

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:52 am

At the moment I have a Mordor themed ash/rubble board. it's really simple. all it is is a sandy board that is black drybrushed with grey. although for ww2 i have alot of snow/rubble theme that i would like to play on this board but don't want to apply snow to it as it dosn't work out for my lotr minatures. so how can i put down snow but beable to take it off when i want to play lotr?

Squire

Re: Snow Board

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:43 pm

You could just lay it down in patches but not glue it on, so you can knock it off onto some newspaper after you're done with it to reuse it. Not sure how well it would work. ;) Would love to see some pictures though. :D
My WIP page: Click Here! -->So It Begins

Current Project: Dragon - Cave Trolls - Goblins

Standard Bearer

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Further to Wah Wing's suggestion (pouring loose snow flock over the board then tipping it off when done), this has been done by GW in a snow terrain article. It used to be on the site, not sure if its still there though with the article purges over the last couple of years. I certainly wouldn't reccomend that though, as its very messy and you'll never get all out of your board. Its probably also a waste of flock unless you're very methodical and careful in collecting it.

I think a much better way would be to make actual terrain pieces of large patches of snow. You could use something sturdy which will not warp under glue, such as plasticard etc, cut it into large, blotchy shapes, paint it white & any other appropriate colours and then glue snow flock over it. You then just place these on the board, like coloured tiles or bases.

Standard Bearer

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:58 am

That's a great idea! I will defiantly go for that! Cheers!

Squire

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:22 am

I like his idea better. Use that. :lol:
My WIP page: Click Here! -->So It Begins

Current Project: Dragon - Cave Trolls - Goblins

Return to Terrain