About Lone Wolf

For all non-gaming related discussions. Please keep it clean and friendly.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: About Lone Wolf

Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:09 pm

If the site gets into legal trouble I have a plan.Send out Lonelyknight!And we should change his title from standard bearer to lawyer outsmarter.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warrior

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:43 pm

In 1996/1997 when I got into the game we all called it "army building" because we wrote the roster and built the models at the same time.
As we bought more models we added them to our roster.
Im sorry I was too busy as a 10/11 year old pretending to be a 20 year old on chat forums trying to pull 19 year olds (who were actually 12 year olds pretending to be older)... too busy to post a random description of something that I did using excel.

... I might make a company called "lone(ly) wolf army roster creator builder" and sell software that creates software used for army building.

Villager

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:25 am

So I just yelled at these guys and I'm gonna pick a fight with them.

Site Admin

Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:00 pm

Melkor wrote:So I just yelled at these guys and I'm gonna pick a fight with them.

Just another day on the Internet, then :D

Villager

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:47 am

Finally read the first post in the army builder thread and seen this. Which got me thinking I heard something about a company not getting a common word trademark because it was the service provided by many companies and individuals. So I did a quick Google search and found this site https://secureyourtrademark.com/can-you-trademark/common-words-phrases/ which has this very important paragraph in it:

Common words or phrases are therefore well within the scope of trademark protection, so long as the words or phrases in question are not generic for the types of products or services being provided. After all, how else would TIME (the magazine), SHELL (the energy giant), and CATERPILLAR (the equipment manufacturer) get their trademark registrations?

So technically they cannot use the term army builder for their product because of the use of the term in many war games

Previous
Return to Off Topic