So what happened to TLA?

Find out the latest developments on the TLA website.

Moderator: Leaders

Villager

Re: So what happened to TLA?

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Old Dwarf wrote:Skowsa-great to see you back,I'm sure with all the time thats passed you must have painted at least 2 figs :lol:

OD

Ouch, OD, very ouch! Sadly, I don't think I have been that productive. Actually, no. I did finish painting and basing my first 24 dwarves that i started when you were known as "Young Dwarf". ;)

Villager

Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Rich...I take it all back.....Basing Dwarves is the "Gold Standard" of our Hobby
I am truly impressed...Carry on the Good Work

OD

Standard Bearer

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:03 am

Skowsa wrote:
Old Dwarf wrote:Skowsa-great to see you back,I'm sure with all the time thats passed you must have painted at least 2 figs :lol:

OD

Ouch, OD, very ouch! Sadly, I don't think I have been that productive. Actually, no. I did finish painting and basing my first 24 dwarves that i started when you were known as "Young Dwarf". ;)

yeah painting 2 figs is very time comusming especially when theres a nice flat screen tv on the
other side of the room ;)
Mark, Warlord of Ipswich
i have bad spelling bad spelling

Vajeeta! what does the the scouter say about his power levels!
ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Villager

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Back on topic.

Seriously, 1 year and 6 months to build a website?
Dave / Aurielia (web/gaming name)
Game blog: http://pippins-window.blogspot.com/

WoTR: Lothlorien Army. From the UK leeds; want a game PM me!

Warrior

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Both myself and Alan have full-time commitments. I have A LOT of full-time commitments. I have a lot more things to do than build a website. I am working on it in my spare time, but given that I'm more preoccupied with a final year university dissertation, it's kind of on the back burner at the moment. Alan also runs and is rebuilding One-Ring after they suffered a hacking attack. I'd also like the site we eventually come out with to look pretty damn sharp, not just a bodge-job. Given that it also needs to be integrated into PHPBB, have a content management system for articles, blogs, news items, and such, and be graphically pleasing, that's actually a hell of a lot of time for one person.

Of course, if you've had the last 1 year 6 months entirely free and have expertise in the use of PHP, PHPBB, HTML5, XML, CSS, Photoshop, and other relevant web technologies, as well as a lack of personal or working life, feel free to take such a project on. :)
James

Up for a game in Nottingham? Drop me a PM to arrange a battle!

Villager

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:56 pm

...lets just say i'm still suprised when i checked how long you guys have been working on this. I would offer my aid, i am a student myself (doing a masters) but my knowledge of programming lies in engineering software and .ASP. I do have some skills in Photoshop and might come up with a few Banner ideas for you guys ;)

Might I offer a suggestion to modulate your website? Load up the stuff you have already done (and are happy with) and then add features as you go along? That way you gain the interest of other new people and generate a better reputation/relationship with the public. You'll get more hits with an intial site that is very pleasing to the eye that is updated monthly/quartley (As time permits) with added features.. than with one website that is absolutely perfect and avaliable after 2 years. Just my tupence :)
Dave / Aurielia (web/gaming name)
Game blog: http://pippins-window.blogspot.com/

WoTR: Lothlorien Army. From the UK leeds; want a game PM me!

Warrior

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:56 pm

I intend to upload a usable version of the site once one is ready, but as I've said, its finding the time. It's also hard finding the best way to integrate PHPBB with a decent content management system. That, at the moment, is the main barrier.
James

Up for a game in Nottingham? Drop me a PM to arrange a battle!

Villager

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:36 am

Let us know if I can help with anything. Will soon be shipping out to Microsoft. From the looks of Windows, I assume they don't do much real work there. That would give me some free time to mock-up a dodgy website, with a rigged voting system so I get all the stars.

Also,I think there should be a separate forum so that we can all fully appreciate Skowsa's fantastic annual "May 4th" and "March 4th" jokes!

In the interim, perhaps a nice subreddit on www.reddit.com would go a way towards promoting some good discussion.

Standard Bearer

Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 am

Hi Reapersoul

Once you join Microsoft please make them understand that pointless changes to layout annoy users (by pointless I mean for example moving the home/favorites buttons to the right even though they've been on the left for ages).
Pretty please ? :D
The newest IE is seriously crap, I mean the tabs on the side of the URL make it hard for me to see the full URL in many situations and that's something that many sites counsel you to do. Especially ones that deal with money.

Anyway, Microsoft related displays of sillyness aside the site as you see it works with wordpress.
To be honest you are probably a more capable judge of wether you can help than us :|
I mean we don't really know how to work with it.

Matt is probably the guy you need to talk to at this point

Previous
Return to Website News