Design the TLA Sponsor Logo!

Find out the latest developments on the TLA website.

Moderator: Leaders

Standard Bearer

Design the TLA Sponsor Logo!

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:19 pm

HOW FUN.

So if you click on Home now, you'll see there's a logo, albiet it needs centering on the brown bit, which links to our site sponsor Marauder games.

Both that logo, and the one in the top left of their website are fine, but I'm looking for something clear, concise and smart. So bascially, design me a logo, it should preferably have NO background, but white is fine, and should say the name 'Marauder Games' on it, as well as possibly saying '20% off all GW Products' (Or something)

The image size should be 'roughly' 315px by 70px but I can sort that I guess.

Send any entries to UKJellyBabyRocky@hotmail.com

The winner will get their logo proudly displayed throughout the website and will be voted for by the TLA public!

Standard Bearer

Re: Design the TLA Sponsor Logo!

Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Well I'm guessing then that as this is a competition you don't want us to go the obvious route of using the logo on their site then. This one, I mean:

logo.png
logo.png (5.49 KiB) Viewed 4873 times

well, seeing as I've been more or less stuck here in front of my computer for the last month with broken-now-somewhat-castless feet, and will be here for the rest of the summer holidays, about another month, I'll be happy to give it a go, should I find time between endless procrastination sessions. I'll give it some thought at the very least
http://bdhobbymadness.blogspot.co.nz/

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

Standard Bearer

Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:40 pm

That'd be too obvious ;)

If noone designs one I'll either alter mine so it's more clear, or just use theirs!

Standard Bearer

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Pretty obvious as well.. but at least the eyes of people on this site will probably be drawn towards this font!

..or..

..or something else along those lines.
Perhaps slightly lighter, to contrast better with the dark background.

Standard Bearer

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Coen - Yours is now up on the homepage for all to see for a couple days when I'll change it to any other entries (It should update to the forum later I hope...). Great job! If you think it needs any tweaking you can see that now too :)

Standard Bearer

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:50 am

@Coen - Is there any chance you could make yours a tiny bit brighter, so it'll stand out more on the brown background.

Someone else changed it so it was on a white background with red border, and I just wanna have a play with different ones :D

Standard Bearer

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah, when I saw it up with the brown background I noticed it should be a bit brighter, here some improvements (probably):

I'll see if I can come up with some more possibilities as well, always good to have some choice.

Standard Bearer

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:29 pm

What about some sort of outline around each letter? It looks a little bit awkward to have the lettering straight on top of the background, seeing as the background is textured the way it is, and also a bit funny where the runes in the background intersect with the letters
http://bdhobbymadness.blogspot.co.nz/

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

Return to Website News