What would you like seeing added to the site?

Find out the latest developments on the TLA website.

Moderator: Leaders

Standard Bearer

Re: What would you like seeing added to the site?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:46 am

ukrocky wrote:
Eldarion Telcontar wrote:An IM Chatbox would be nice.

Like a shoutbox?

Yes.

Warrior

Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 pm

yes a chatbox would be great!
What we need is a few good 'taters.
What's 'taters, precious? What's 'taters, eh?
Po-tay-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant
backlog comlete: 2/80

Standard Bearer

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:10 pm

We could ask dagorlad how he placed his on the one ring

Squire

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:11 am

Denizen of The Deep wrote:
Rifter10 wrote:I know we can post images in the forums, but id like my profile to have its own gallery so i can show off some of my miniatues!....and check out other people's of course :)

+1!

I completly agree, if we had five or six models in a gallery, just like on the old site.
That's what i'm Tolkein about!

Warrior

Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:13 pm

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before but think a better article organization system would be great.

Also a fresh new look to this site would be nice... all the blue/grey/white feels a bit 'cold' so to speak.

Warrior

Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 pm

SidTheSloth wrote:I can't remember if I've mentioned this before but think a better article organization system would be great.

Also a fresh new look to this site would be nice... all the blue/grey/white feels a bit 'cold' so to speak.

I don't really agree. I find it much more clear than the one ring. All that brown and useless decorations make it too 'full' imo. If there is to be a new look, keep it modest/humble (don't know the exact word in english)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash - 4th (Mordor+Harad)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash II - 4th (Galadhrim)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash III - 2nd (Thorin's Company)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash IV - 7th (Minas Morgul)

Standard Bearer

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Denizen of The Deep wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:I can't remember if I've mentioned this before but think a better article organization system would be great.

I don't really agree. I find it much more clear than the one ring. All that brown and useless decorations make it too 'full' imo. If there is to be a new look, keep it modest/humble (don't know the exact word in english)

Simple and understated.

Site Admin

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:56 am

Do you have more ideas about what you'd like to see on TLA?

If so, the time to say them is now because work is currently underway on a whole new version of TLA.

This site has the potential to become a premier LOTR/Hobbit resource once again, with sections of articles about both Hobby and Tactics to complement the Forum. The Forum is definitely going to remain the core of the site, as it is the community of friendly posters that make this site special.

We can have a live chat box allowing users from all over the world to talk about tactics and hobby tips in real time. On top of that, we can have new articles appear on the front page, deep links into the best parts of the forum and start getting more users from google and search engines.

Sections of the site could include:
The Forum
News
Strategy and Tactics
Hobby Articles
Scenery
Models
Battle Reports
and more!

If you have ideas, suggestions or things you've always wanted to see on TLA, there really is no time like the present to say them.
Thanks!

Warrior

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:33 am

List of sid's ideas:

I think a dedicated WiP topic would be good, as some people (including myself) do conversions, painting and terrain and so when I started I wasn't really sure which one to put my WiP in.

A new banner up the top of the site?

A chat bar would be awesome

A new article organization system ****

Something to make the 'Home' page more interesting (what about a marqee of pictures of models that have recently won TLA's competitions?)

I really like the idea of adding some oomf back into this site and making it great once more. I'm studying degree level design and ifthere anything I might be able to help with I'd be happy to give it a go :)

Warrior

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 am

I would like to see an interactive campaign with a map, rules for campaign heroes and things like that in place like there was a long time ago (could be Hobbit themed or something to tie in with the movies).

I would also like to see a well-organized area of the site dedicated to articles on painting, scenarios and modeling. When the articles were being uploaded on the new site it was still tricky for me to navigate or to tell where the articles were (or where the ones I wanted to read were) so I usually just stayed in the forums. It would be nice to have links (or tabs) at the top that obviously lead to different sections of the site (campaign, personal galleries, articles, etc). When the articles were being collected for the new site and I tried to navigate over to the tab with them some of the links led back to the forum - so it was kinda tricky to tell where you were or where you were going (whether you were clicking on an actual article or on the thread for comments on the article). I think if the sections of the site were differentiated more (or didn't necessarily link back to other sections of the site) it would help with navigation.

It's really easy to tell where the forum is and which section of it you're entering but the article section the last time I checked wasn't organized in a similar manner and it was a bit confusing to try and get through it.
Just my 2 cents.
...a shapeless fear lived within the ruined walls. The Nine Riders issued forth from the gates of horror, and we could not withstand them. Do not approach their citadel. It is a place of sleepless malice, full of lidless eyes...

PreviousNext
Return to Website News