Why are we changing to Element Games?

Find out the latest developments on the TLA website.

Moderator: Leaders

Standard Bearer

Why are we changing to Element Games?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Hey guys,

So I thought I would do an update with regards to the sponsor situation, and also see your thoughts/comments on what's going on.

I had a chat tonite with Byron and he is genuinely excited to be involved in lord of the rings, by that I mean it's not me approaching him asking if we can do X, it's him asking me if Y is possible.

The things we are looking at are;

- Bundle packages. By this I mean stuff like, box set of infantry, box set of cavalry, box set of commanders = extra discount off. All 5 sourcebooks? = extra discount off.
- Tiered discount for spending above a certain amount. He offers 15% off at the minute. You spend above £Y - you get 17.5% off.
- Release specials. We're all gonna get excited about the hobbit, we're gonna see what we can do.

And most importantly. He wants to know what YOU want.

What is the most important thing with regards to him being our sponsor? He's usually available on skype, and commited to the best customer service possible. Add onto that that he wants to learn what we as a community want and need, and deliver that. I'm already alot happier over this affiliation than I was with the last one, and we hope between him being our sponsor and the plans for our website, we can have everyone happy again.

But yeah, shoot me your suggestions with regards to what you want to see from him, and we'll see what we can do!

Squire

Re: Why are we changing to Element Games?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:33 pm

I'm going to be wanting to buy 150pounds worth of prizes for the competitions at the pre-hobbit event in december, any idea how much discount I'd get for an order of that size? There is also the possibility of holding a stall on site to sell what we hope will be new hobbit releases! :D I'd give the TLA sponsor the first oppurtunity to hold that stall over anybody else
'You know, po-ta-toes.. boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew'

Squire

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:18 am

Selling blister heroes individually could help. I couldn't care less about Halbarad but oo dayum don;t Arathorn look tasty. The discount on all the sourcebooks also sounds groovy.
Game Reviews. Top 5 Lists, and more:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuicidalMarsbar

Villager

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 am

Very impressed with the painting guides and various tutorials on the their site forum :)

Standard Bearer

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:00 am

SuicidalMarsbar wrote:Selling blister heroes individually could help. I couldn't care less about Halbarad but oo dayum don;t Arathorn look tasty. The discount on all the sourcebooks also sounds groovy.

Yes, this is a good idea (or at least it would be very beneficial to us customers)!
I knew a website that did this: they sold every single part of a model separate if you wanted - also for plastic! So I bought some loose Easterling shields, some pikemen, etc.
In order to keep this interesting for the store, they would obviously make it a bit more expensive. But as long as the difference is not too big, I guess it might be good for both parties.
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Standard Bearer

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:27 am

The issue I can see from that is, if you take any of the commander boxsets, and say 5 people buy the commander, 3 buy the banner, 4 buy the horn, and 2 buy the knight, they've spent 5 x £24 = £120, and even selling them at £8 each, that's only £112, so even selling what seems like the majority of the models, they operate at a loss. It gets even worse with 2 model packs, where most people only want one model as it's better in the rules.

The best example I can think of is the wood elf commander boxset, everyone wants stormcallers, so they'd have TONS of the rest about going nowhere.

Standard Bearer

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:49 am

Yes, I reckon that issue will arise, especially with boxes like the Dwarf box, where most people already have the banner and Captain and will go with the Hornblower or Shieldbearer..
Maybe there's a way that it can be beneficial for both parties, though. I wouldn't know how exactly, but with the right pricing, maybe it could work.
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Villager

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Hello Guys, I thought I'd register to put a face to the name, or as close as you can get on-line at any rate.

I'm am the co-owner of E.G, which I started with Greg (who is the technical brains behind the entire thing), a couple of months ago. Basically we started the store because we thought there was a hole in the market for somewhere with good customer service, a sense of community. Not to mention horrifically fast delivery (so far we've not had a package take more than 2 days to arrive, that's including getting stuff to the far reaches of Europe). Part of our service is that our website is completely honest, the stock levels are meticulously accurate, as is the delivery information, if you order something from us that isn't in stock we'll order it from GW on Mon/Tue, and it'll arrive with us Thur/Fri, when we'll post it. If you order something in stock before 3pm we'll post it that day, and it should be with you in very good time.

Craig contacted me a short while ago asking me if we'd be keen to get involed and we're very excited to be on board! We're interested in having an interactive relationship with our sponsors, so we're going to be looking at working out what would be the most helpful bundles that we could offer, maybe doing a couple of well timed special offers etc. I'll be talking to Craig more about ideas for specific bundles etc in the future, as he seems to be in the know about everything (for every gaming system out there!), and between us we should be able to work out some cracking deals.

I hope that doesn't look too much like advertising spiel, it's hard to talk about what we do without it looking so. Cheers for the comments about the tutorials, I will be looking to do some more LOTR focused ones shortly, if people have any requests there please let me know, I can turn my hand to most things, I'll probably start with a scenery piece. We're completely open to feedback, so if there's an item we are missing from our stock, or something about the store you don't like please feel free to get in contact with us, and we'll get to it.

If people have any questions please shoot, about the site, painting, anything, we're not a faceless business front (as you can see from my ramblings above).

Cheers, again we're really excited to be on board, and are looking forward to creating something that's great for everyone involved with this partnership.

Byron

(Concerning the prizes please contact me via e-mail bud and I'll be happy to help you out: ByrondotOrde@gmail.com) dot=.

Squire

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:22 pm

About selling individual models:

Selling models individually is a good idea, I used to do it when I operated as WargamingMO and it was a great way of attracting custom and sales. The models that are left over could always be used for TLA competitions, encouraging more interaction between TLA and the sponsor. Yes they may not be the models which people would have bought outright but nobody would turn their nose up at winning one. Alternatively list them on ebay, there are users who list command sets individually on a weekly basis and they seem to sell well enough.

Or, only sell individual models to anybody placing an order over (x amount), this way the sponsor is making money on every order to begin with and can afford to give TLA members this special offer of individual sales. For example, one individual model at (xamount) for every 40pounds spent.

Not everybody might want to spend 40 pounds at a time but we have to understand the sponsor is running a business aswell as trying to help us out.
'You know, po-ta-toes.. boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew'

Squire

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:09 pm

'unwanted' models could be placed in lots with appropriate soldiers or whatever.
Game Reviews. Top 5 Lists, and more:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuicidalMarsbar

Next
Return to Website News