Numenorean Mounted Troops

For all discussions on converting your miniatures and using suitable models from other manufacturers.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Numenorean Mounted Troops

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:52 am

I've converted the Fireforge Mounted Sergeants into 2nd Age Numenoreans. Just the head and shield needed replacing and I added some long hair with green stuff.

They don't exist in the LotR SBG rules, but I figure I can use the Rohan Royal Guard stats and points for them.

Last edited by firstva79 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Standard Bearer

Re: Numenorean Mounted Troops

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:51 am

Those are some of the best Nuemorean mounted troops I've ever seen! Great paintjob too!

Villager

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:08 am

Wow! Great idea. Show us a few more pix.

Villager

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:20 am

Here's my Photobucket site with all of my pictures so far of the whole army. I didn't do any conversions with the foot troops pictured, though now I've done some heros by converting spearmen and putting swords in their hands, which is what GW apparently did in the books.

http://s716.photobucket.com/albums/ww167/nestorm21/Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20-%20Numenoreans/

Standard Bearer

Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Awesome! Love it. The conversion look good, and although fairly simple, they've worked out great. The painting is also top-notch! It looks like it was intended this way and, if I didn't know better, I would think that you bought them at GW!

What profiles do you use for them? Do you just allow the Warriors of Numenor to have a horse or do you use KoMT profiles for them (or maybe mounted RotN)?
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Villager

Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Fëanor wrote:Do you just allow the Warriors of Numenor to have a horse or do you use KoMT profiles for them (or maybe mounted RotN)?

As a complete noob to the game I'd appreciate if you didn't use quite as many acronyms. :?

@firstva79: Looking great! :)

Standard Bearer

Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 pm

mrtn wrote:
Fëanor wrote:Do you just allow the Warriors of Numenor to have a horse or do you use KoMT profiles for them (or maybe mounted RotN)?

As a complete noob to the game I'd appreciate if you didn't use quite as many acronyms. :?

Knight of Minas Tirith and Rangers of the North. ;)
Hm.. where's that abbreviation thread gone now.. Guess it wasn't put up on the new site.

Villager

Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:45 am

Very nice, and very cool :)

Villager

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 pm

What profiles do you use for them? Do you just allow the Warriors of Numenor to have a horse or do you use KoMT profiles for them (or maybe mounted RotN)?

I posted it at the end of my OP, so you may have missed it. I'm going to use the stats for the Rohan Royal Guard, minus the ability to have the optional throwing spears. That was the closest that I found to the foot troops' stats, just with slightly better armor/Defense ratings and the ability to have horses.

I built them with the intention of re-creating the Gladden Fields ambush scene from the movies where Isildur and his party are all mounted on horseback, and the riders probably represent the King's bodyguard riding with him.

"Isildur set out just before autumn with an accompaniment of some two hundred soldiers. Among them were this three older sons; Elendur, Aratan and Ciryon."

"...As the sun began to sink on the thirtieth day of the journey, an army of Orcs some two thousand strong descended upon them from the forest."

I figure I'll do the fight in about 1/3 scale, so around 60-70 Numenoreans against "600-700" orcs, etc. Not having that many orcs (around 80 myself, with friends having @ 50 more), I'll probably have to "recycle" them each turn, using the "dead" orcs as reinforcements.
Last edited by firstva79 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Standard Bearer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Ah, I see it now! Apparently I didn't read it good enough, probably amazed by the conversions. ;)
Anyway, the Royal Guards stats seem to be pretty good (IMO Numenoreans should be better, but that's another topic).
Awesome plans too, by the way! Very ambitious with those big numbers. Recycling Orcs is indeed perfectly fine, as probably not all will be able to go into combat anyway.

Next
Return to Conversions