Elendl with shield

For all discussions on converting your miniatures and using suitable models from other manufacturers.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Elendl with shield

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:24 am

Elendil is one of my favourite GW models, yet sadly has no way of carrying a shield, and part of me thinks an alternate version with shield would be nice, though I deally I would want ot sculpt/copy many details from the stock one, such as his shoulder plates, the helmet and lower body armour.
SO anyone have any suggestions on a base model that could be good for this? Am thinking Historicals/fantasy (non wh)/lotr models.

Squire

Re: Elendl with shield

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:28 am

I know its off topic but have you tried modeling a shield slung over his shoulder
or on his back?

Squire

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 am

I have thought about it, but to be honest I don't think it looks that good, plus want to try and model him using it/holding it as well :P

Warrior

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:53 am

If you have decent modelling skill, you might be able to file away his right arm and resulpt it holding Narsil further back, perhaps, then his left arm is slung across his body, and you could simply stick a shield on.

Squire

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:57 am

Hmm that could be interesting, though I have the feeling I'd butcher a few Elendils first before getting it right:P
Also I'm prtly hoping to make him a bit bigger, not massivly so but just ever so slightly to fit his name of "the tall".

Standard Bearer

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Doing a head swap and a little greenstuff work you could turn Imrahil into Elendil quite well. Would need a head swap, sword swap and maybe filing down some of the swan motifs on the shield and shoulder, then some small green stuff to cover up his legs a bit more.

Obviously means buying two models instead of one, but you may even be able to pass off the old Elendil with a new head as Aragorn as king?

Nemo

Squire

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:17 pm

nemo wrote:Doing a head swap and a little greenstuff work you could turn Imrahil into Elendil quite well. Would need a head swap, sword swap and maybe filing down some of the swan motifs on the shield and shoulder, then some small green stuff to cover up his legs a bit more.

Obviously means buying two models instead of one, but you may even be able to pass off the old Elendil with a new head as Aragorn as king?

Nemo

I was thinking of using Imrahil with a head swap and "de swanning" as Isildurs brother (Can't remeber his name :P), rules wise counting as Imrahil, and using the swan knight rules for a converted royal guard bodyguard for Elendil, Isildur, and the other one :P

Return to Conversions