DUNLANDERS

For all discussions on converting your miniatures and using suitable models from other manufacturers.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

DUNLANDERS

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:20 pm

I liked GW's Dunlanders but there were just not enough poses to fill out an entire army. So, I turned to BTD and picked up their 50 man Viking Army. If you subscribe to the BTD newsletter you can often buy BTD figures at amazing discounts. Especially around the holidays. I paid 50 % off for these and got free shipping during one of their many half price sales last year. July 4 th will probably be another big sale at BTD, so check them out.

NOTE: I ONLY deal with the Texas branch of BTD. I have heard many many horror stories about the UK branch
so ..........

As to the figures themselves. I seperated the figures that had "rohan" like helmets and made my Rohan Militia out of them. I took the less clothed Vikes and made Dunland Wildmen from them. I used the remainder as my main Dunland army. I used a red motiff to distinguish from the green of Rohan. I think that it works well. I'll mix in my GW Dunlanders as Command and Heroes. Hope you like them.

Standard Bearer

Re: DUNLANDERS

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Nice, I'd like to see them in a battle mixed with GW troops.

Squire

Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:55 am

Nicely done. I think those Vikes fit the bill very well.

Xin

Site Admin

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:45 am

Those are great, nice work.

Standard Bearer

Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Fantastic work. I have been looking at Mirlton Miniatures cause they have a very good barbarian selection from the old grenadier line that I actually use to own. But these are good too.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Return to Conversions