About the Unreleased Profile Project

For all discussions on converting your miniatures and using suitable models from other manufacturers.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Site Admin

About the Unreleased Profile Project

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:40 am

The Unreleased Profile project is intended as a way to allow players access to heroes and warriors in addition to those written by the GW team. This will include profiles for characters that may have been overlooked or not reached by the GW rule writing team or those that accidentally fell by the wayside when the rules were updated (eg Faramir, Captain of Ithilien).

The Golden Rule:
All Unreleased Profiles must be equivalent or slightly lower in power, and equal or slightly more expensive in points, than an existing official GW profile.

This simple idea is the Golden Rule behind this entire project. The premise is that it makes it far easier for gaming event planners and tournament organisers to approve supplemental rules and profiles that are designed to err on the side of caution when it comes to their power levels.

The Unreleased Profile project is an attempt to add variety to the game, and will include some updates for some models and additions to some armies, but it is not not as a charter for power gamers.

To Tournament Organisers

This is an optional, unofficial and fan-made supplement, and it is entirely at your discretion whether it is allowed at any event or tournament you organise.

We hope that the way the Golden Rule is applied to the profiles that are included will encourage you to consider permitting it, but also welcome any specific queries or comments.

To Players

Forgotten Profiles are given one of two ratings:
• Playtest: This profile has been proposed but is not yet officially included in this supplement.
• Approved: Playtested and approved for inclusion

The ‘Approved’ profiles are the ones we recommend allowing in organised games.
If you are attending a tournament or other organised event, please check with the organiser before attempting to use any of the Unreleased Profiles. By default, only official GW profiles are used at events.

We hope you enjoy them!

Villager

Re: About the Unreleased Profile Project

Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:45 pm

I left you a message on theOneRing.

Since im a bit far away, although I do test profiles extensively, I might be able to be of some help.
Do this whole project thing have a Vent or something?

Site Admin

Re: About the Unreleased Profile Project

Sun May 08, 2016 3:21 pm

galanur wrote:I left you a message on theOneRing.

Since im a bit far away, although I do test profiles extensively, I might be able to be of some help.
Do this whole project thing have a Vent or something?

Thanks Galanur. What's a Vent?

Return to Conversions