Blackrootvale Archers from spare parts

For all discussions on converting your miniatures and using suitable models from other manufacturers.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Blackrootvale Archers from spare parts

Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Callum and I were sorting through my spare parts box and found lots of bodies, heads, bows etc. They were from several boxes of Perry, Warlord, Frost grave etc plastic figures. So we decided on having a look through the various books we had. And we found Blackrootvale Archers and thought that the stats were pretty good. The lack of any figures also made the project attractive. So we laid out 12 bodies for the archers and one for Duinhir, sorted through the heads, arms and weapons. We had only one head with a hood so that went to Duinhir so he was easily identifiable. BUT we were short of cloaks.

Not to be stopped we decided to make our own and flattened the foil from the top of a Kenco Millicano coffee tub. It is quite stiff and holds it shape well. We used a couple of the plastic cloaks as formers and pressed them into the foil. They ooked OK and so we cut them out.

The results:
Front View

Rear view showing the tin foil cloaks

The painted result:

Site Admin

Re: Blackrootvale Archers from spare parts

Sun May 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Not to be stopped we decided to make our own and flattened the foil from the top of a Kenco Millicano coffee tub. It is quite stiff and holds it shape well.

That's a great idea -they came out really well.

Squire

Re: Blackrootvale Archers from spare parts

Tue May 24, 2016 6:34 am

Nice.
I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.

Return to Conversions