Simple Easterling conversions

For all discussions on converting your miniatures and using suitable models from other manufacturers.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Simple Easterling conversions

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Ever since Easterlings got the option to get the black dragon upgrade, I've been searching for a good way to make them look more elite compared to the normal soldiers. And just painting them black instead of the red color scheme I normally use, just didn't do the job for me. Nor did I wanted to make them look extremely different because they still needed to fit between the rest of the army

But when I last saw the Easterlings in the third age Total War mod, i got the inspiration I needed to make my interpretation of the Black Dragons.

(this is a crop, the original image: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQ76oaIPVQ )

I gave them the shoulder guards with green stuff and I think it looks quite good.

I know it's a very simple change. But I thought it was worth sharing. If you have any questions about this conversion or suggestions for future builds, please let me know.

This is my first post on this forum and I hope you liked it. Feel free to give me feedback about how I can improve on my posts.

Villager

Re: Simple Easterling conversions

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:35 am

That's really nice! Thank you for the idea - which I have now stolen.
:lol:
LOTR: 3000pts ANGMAR, 1200 MINAS TIRITH, 2000 DWARFS, 12000 ELVES. I HAVE A PROBLEM... not enough models. :mrgreen:

Villager

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:45 am

haha nice to hear you liked the idea! please send me your version, I'm very curious how it turns out!!
I'm also thinking about making a model for one of the two blue wizards. Because they went to the east and I like the idea to have a true wizard in an Easterling army(more fore lore purpose than to use it in competitive game play). If you or anybody has good tips on how to make one... please let me know.

Villager

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:46 pm

You could use Saruman from the Scouring of the Shire or the old Radagast version. A conversion tutorial has also been made on La Guerra del Anillo website, called Alatar.

Return to Conversions