Hero Quest But Middle Earth Battle Strategy.

For all discussions on any new or revised rule mods for LOTR games.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Hero Quest But Middle Earth Battle Strategy.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Hello, this is my first post on this forum so apologies if anything is in violation of terms ect. This place seems alittle dead, but more a reason to try and be about I suppose. Anyway, I'm not new to the idea of homebru, infact IV gone as far to create my own homebru pen and paper RPG system. Now what I'd like to do is create a dungeon crawler, utlilsing something similar to the original Hero Quest, with a bunch of middle earth "hero's" starting off weak and building up, finding loot and fighting monsters in dungeons, leveling up and growing stronger across multiple seasons. This has come about due to an interest In silver tower, but disliking AOS entirely. Was wondering if anybody had heard of anything like this or could contribute any of their own opinions to the idea. My main hurdle ATM is the infamous, " you move, I move, you shoot, I shoot" game play machanic of BSG and trying to figure out how that would translate in to a campaign based dungeon crawler.

If anything becomes of this I shall be posting any beta rules I come up with here.

Standard Bearer

Re: Hero Quest But Middle Earth Battle Strategy.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:05 am

I run dungeon crawler games for my family and their friends using the SBG game system. I run the dungeon denizens and the heroes are run by everyone else. I do not find the existing game mechanics cumbersome at all. It also has the side effect of teaching my kids the SBG rules in a game where they can all play.

SBG will never be a true RPG, but for Warhammer/Hero Quest type games it is a decent substitute. I have looked into the Battle Company rules and have been thinking of adapting that idea into anew experience progression system to allow heroes to grow over time rather than just playing one off games.

Return to House Rules