Community Project: Struggle in the East Supplement

For all discussions on any new or revised rule mods for LOTR games.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: Community Project: Struggle in the East Supplement

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Guys I am of no use to you here.But this supplement BETTER have good terrain,conversion and painting guides.Have fun!What the planned release date?
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warrior

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:34 am

da krimson barun wrote:Guys I am of no use to you here.But this supplement BETTER have good terrain,conversion and painting guides.Have fun!What the planned release date?

Whenever they get it done? No need to be rude or anything when they are trying to create something fun for everyone. No need to threaten them.
Who ever said swimming was easier then running never swam a 400 I.M.

Proud swimmer and athlete for Queen's University of Charlotte

Squire

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 am

Thanks DKB - We will try and do something. I don't know if I can personally do that so hopefully someone in the community is keen to do it. At the end of my first post I have set a time of September being a target with October being the last extended date so we don't have it going on for ages. Have a look back there in a few months to see if i have edited the dates. Some people have uni that they have to finish up but otherwise would help, so it's not set in stone. If you can send me a PM with what armies you have you can probably end up doing playtesting if you think you can't do anything else but i'd give it a try, we are all friends here and you might not be a good storyteller but you might have a good idea that inspires someone else.

DKB & KITD - the more hands we have, the quicker and better it is done. I didn't read it to be really rude or demanding, just excited. Be careful though as CAPS means very specifically yelling so can easily be taken in the wrong manner.

Squire

Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Sorry didn't mean to be rude.Its just I hate the fact that supplements don't have enough guides in them.And battle reports.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squire

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:00 am

Yeah the GW ones irritate me now. The last Harad one I got was just full of lists. While that might be helpful to a degree, anyone can come up with a list and I doubt it would be well playtested vs anything other than Gondor.
As for this supp - it is doubtful that there would be a battle report as the story should be sufficient. If someone is able to do a nice one, then certainly would be included - we aren't paying for printing after all!

Squire

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Had some discution with Feanor about three and a half years ago, it was mainly about the wains/wagons, but you might want to take a look:
http://www.thelastalliance.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=772&start=10
I hadn't considered WOTR back then, I'll give it some taught and come back with more ideas.

Also, it would be great to have the Wivemakers of Dorwinion!
Everything good is better deep fried - Hobbit Common Sense

Standard Bearer

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:37 am

Oh, yes, I forgot about that post! I think I woudl nowadays argue slightly differently, having read Tolkien's works more thoroughly and having read lots of articles. Anyway, it might still be relevant if Hodush wants to do something with chariots and such. :)
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Squire

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:42 am

Has anybody done anything for the supplument lately?

Squire

Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:45 pm

I picked up a few extra miniatures for it, but the Aus Dollar has fallen, so there isn't much chance of me being able to pick up those more expensive troops like khand and harad raiders.
I picked up a sharkey to use and was going looking for another model to use (was thinking radagast) and was going to post a challenge for others to convert or paint the 2 wizards do once I was able to do it myself.

Also, I was disappointed with the lack of expressions of interest in the project so I was thinking of moving it over to one-ring. It seems to me like the more creative people are over there and the people on TLA are all about getting the strongest army, army advice or are old schoolers who have just dabble in the hobby and are busy with life. This thread has had over 100 views, but less than 10 different posters, so maybe this just isn't the right place for it at this time, but I wanted to give TLA a go as I have been involved with it for longer than One Ring.

Thanks for your interest. Is there anything you will be doing over the next few weeks which might tie in? IE. Will you be playing with friends but don't have a scenario or are you looking for something to paint? etc.

Squire

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Well we could do a smaller scenario.

PreviousNext
Return to House Rules