Battle Companies, December 2013

For all discussions on any new or revised rule mods for LOTR games.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Battle Companies, December 2013

Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Greetings, everyone!

I have finally published my latest update of the Battle Companies rules. It is not complete, as I have several things to add to it, but it's good enough to publish and I can add other things as we go along. I look forward to hearing of your Battle Company's progress and welcome any feedback. Click the link below to download the file.

Click Here

Standard Bearer

Re: Battle Companies, December 2013

Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:07 pm

I am excited to see updated Battle Companies rules. Could you point out some of the finer points of what you have updated or a overview of any changes/updates you have brought. It is a lot to read through and play through to find out those things, and perhaps you would attract more people to it with a brief of 1 - what battle companies are, and 2 for vetrans, what updates you bring to this edition. Aside from the core rosters.

Will more of the Hobbit armies be included in the battle companies as playable companies?
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Villager

Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Well, let's see then...

Updated Faction Sheets to include newly released miniatures and troop types through An Unexpected Journey. Capped Heroes at 5 per Company, made promotions optional, and provided a method for removing Company members from the roster. Tweaked the Shooting Special Rules table. In addition to the re-roll and bonus gold, underdog company now gets to select the scenario and whether they want to be the attacker or defender. Added rule to prevent people from forfeiting the game as soon as it starts (must be an orderly withdrawal). Re-introduced Additional Equipment, including musicians and Company Standards. Mounts became more expensive for every faction except Rohan. Six tweaked or entirely new scenarios.

Next edition is already in the works including:
Desolation of Smaug releases
Ruffian, pure Spider and pure Warg Companies
More Scenarios
Hobby Section
Using your Battle Companies in campaigns
Printable Roster Sheets.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Villager

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:13 am

Hi
Wondeful article.
I wonder, some of the entries have predetermined weapon options "dwarf with twohanded AXE", could make this to read "dwarf with twohanded WEAPON" in order to allow diffrent weapon options for models and thus making special strikes more diverse in warbands.
Will this unbalance things?
have fun
slaktarn

Villager

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:20 am

Thanks!

I don't think it would unbalance anything if you wanted to do that. I would just check with your opponent if you want to switch weapons.

I have noticed that GW is starting to specify which weapon a model is armed with (e.g. Legolas has two daggers) in all of the latest publications.

Squire

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:45 pm

What should the record sheet for a company be like?The only thing that's stopped me,mordor orc and the big goblin from starting battle companies is keeping track of everything.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Villager

Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:34 am

You can find a couple of options at the following link:

Click Here

Also, the next update, which should be ready in the very near future, will have a roster sheet included in the .pdf file.

Let me know if you run into any more problems.

Warrior

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Man you did some great work in the illustrations. Mostly from BFME I guess but really beautiful composition etc.
Middle-Earth Monster Mash - 4th (Mordor+Harad)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash II - 4th (Galadhrim)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash III - 2nd (Thorin's Company)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash IV - 7th (Minas Morgul)

Squire

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:49 pm

When do hero rules like shaman come into effect?do heros automaticley get them?
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Villager

Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:37 pm

No, you have to roll a 5 on the Hero Advancement Table which is the "Special Rule" result. You can choose to roll on the Fighting, Shooting, or Leadership Table, or you can just select one of your Factions Special Rules.

Next
Return to House Rules