Numenorean Warriors - Alternate Rules

For all discussions on any new or revised rule mods for LOTR games.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Re: Numenorean Warriors - Alternate Rules

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:58 am

Great rules! I think the priest is a good addition for the evil Numeronian army. I was thinking maybe the sacrificing rules could be simplified so that when the priest is taking part in the combat where an enemy is killed, he can then make a sacrifice. This puts the priest in a greater risk (especially with the fury, you don't want to lose that!), so a slightly better reward is also fitting. Maybe either getting Terror, or casting one spell automatically.

Villager

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:03 pm

Ooh these are all good ideas! I came up with some simplified rules before I saw your post Kalle, and Tuisko, I also like what you said about that Priest getting to sacrifice someone in a fight. Maybe I should make him a spearman so that he can support and stay out of harms way :lol:

Perhaps they get two benefits for sacrificing a warrior, 1 is they automatically get Terror, and 2 the player chooses has a free spell (Warrior=still have to roll, hero=automatic), or, if Sauron is in the force, those fantastic might rules for Sauron (Warrior=+1 might, Hero=+2 might). And perhaps Ar-Pharazon can get the bonus if Sauron is not included? I kind of liked having Sauron only getting the bonus because he corrupted them so that he could benefit.

What do you guys think? In the meantime, I'm gonna post those simpler rules.

Villager

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:19 pm

And now I've edited it again to add those Sauron rules. :) Let me know what you think about Ar-Pharazon getting that benefit. I don't think he would personally. I dunno.

Previous
Return to House Rules