Painting Competition Talk 12/10

For all TLA's competitions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Painting Competition Talk 12/10

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:11 pm

The place to discuss all the 12/10 painting competitions.

Standard Bearer

Re: Painting Competition Talk 12/10

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:24 pm

That Spider Queen of Lord Hyper's looks evil. :? Kinda creepy with the red eyes. . .
"Better to keep your mouth shut and seem like a fool, than to open it and confirm that you are."
Mark Twain
Armies: Dwarves, Misty Mountains
Unfinished LoME Profiles:
http://www.terrainguild.com/thelastalliance/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1295

Standard Bearer

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:57 pm

That Spider Queen looks awesome

Standard Bearer

Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:32 am

Wow that Goblin battle company looks amazing! the only thing i could say is why do some have grass and others dont but seriously those are greatly painted!

Standard Bearer

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:22 am

I fear that I'm not going to b able to enter anything except in the big guys comp, but entries so far are looking great.
http://bdhobbymadness.blogspot.co.nz/

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

Standard Bearer

Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Lord Hyper wrote:Wow that Goblin battle company looks amazing! the only thing i could say is why do some have grass and others dont but seriously those are greatly painted!

only the two shamans have grass. I fixed it (covered the grass with new sand) on most of my goblin army a while ago and these two were missed cause I keep my metals seperate from my plastics and thought that all the metals were done right. So I will fix this next time I am basing a model (which will be soon of course). I did do a good job on the Moria army, I only regret that there are not more sculpts to paint. unfortunately when I bought my dwarf army models I ended up outnumbering my Goblins (which is hard at 90 models) so I have to get more, the blackshields will help a little, and the trolls make up the points ok, but I really cant have a 1 to 1 match with dwarves since the goblins will just be slaughtered. need to pick up another box then, and maybe a few blisters of warriors and prowlers to catch up.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Squire

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:35 pm

I have a lot of underdeeps-styled stuff, so I just blitzed every category I had pics for!

Sorry for the late entries, but I haven't been on much lately. Looks like there's quite a bit of participation this time. Very cool!

Standard Bearer

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Moria Battle Company has a 20 model limit (which is the highest BC amount normal is 15 limit). So though it is an impressive army, I think you should hand pick your Battle company (starting moria BC is 4 shields, 4 spears, 4 bows then pick three models from those as heroes). but if any battle force or army pic is allowed then i will stand corrected. very nice entries all around.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Villager

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Indeed, some nice entries posted! I was hoping to enter a few of these competitions, a Dwarf Captain, Goblin Battle Company, some Moria terrain and a Cave Troll but I'm just too busy to enter at the moment. That's life I suppose. Shame, but I suppose there's always next time.

@ HSHP - Is that a normal Bat Swarm in the foreground?

Squire

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanks for the info, Sithious! I don't know anything about this battle company stuff. I'll see if I can find the time to take another pic of a smaller group. If not, the category is yours :)

@Cal585 - that is a Reaper model, if I recall correctly. Found it on ebay. Its much cooler than the GW one, IMO.

Next
Return to Competitions