Painting Competition Talk 04-05/11

For all TLA's competitions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Painting Competition Talk 04-05/11

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:49 pm

The place to discuss the 04-05/11 painting competition.

Standard Bearer

Re: Painting Competition Talk 04-05/11

Wed May 11, 2011 4:23 am

Breaking the seal on this thread.
Have to say that I love both Tom Bombadils. Horizon you paint job is excelent. and Morgoths Crown that is a very good conversion that really fits well. I think you should have thrown that into the conversion comp.
I had expected the Gandalfs to make appearance, Both entries are very well done, I was really hoping to see a gandalf on cart though since both models seam to be in fighting stances which though fits the timeline, is not seen in the books or even really known about til the council meeting. But as a character it should not be removed for my mentioned reasons, just wishful and hopeful thinking to see some more friendly Gandalf versions, even a horse one would be cool.
The Barrow whites that Eldarion entered are very good, would like to see the second one better framed in the shot...since you have time before the contest is over I would try and get another shot in with both framed in well.

Good luck everyone. Other than ringwraiths and Bilbo I don't have much from that timeline (well hobbits of course). So I hope more people enter. Plenty of hobbits were at that party, And lets not forget the elves that helped the journey. that should maybe coax some entries...i know people have elf models...wood elf models for sure would fit (gildor). More hints...Aragorn is first mentioned in 'the shadow of the past' chapter for the hunt of Gollum and the story of the ring (including Sauron) but I doubt those were thought of when the contest was envisioned, but if you put in some quotes and why you think it should fit then maybe they will consider it. For me it is about seeing painted models so get everyone going!
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Standard Bearer

Wed May 11, 2011 2:35 pm

LK said I could submit only one. So I was a wee bit cheeky and submitted one and a half. ;) Thanks for the compliments.

Villager

Thu May 12, 2011 3:58 am

Aye, all are looking good :). I hope to be able to challenge you soon. Only problem is that I have so many potential entries...

Squire

Thu May 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Sithious wrote:Breaking the seal on this thread.
Have to say that I love both Tom Bombadils. Horizon you paint job is excelent. and Morgoths Crown that is a very good conversion that really fits well. I think you should have thrown that into the conversion comp.

Thank you, means a lot :) I would have entered Tom into the conversion section but I am hoping to finish off my Samwise conversion (headswap with a Perry War of the Roses archer) to give Sam the hat he had at the start of the FOTR (book).
Til biþ se þe his treowe gehealdeþ, ne sceal næfre his torn to rycene,beorn of his breostum acyþan,nemþe he ær þa bote cunne,eorl mid elne gefremman.

Villager

Thu May 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks sithious.

The Tom conversion is indeed very well done.

I could enter a Bilbo... or Ringwraiths... or Goldberry (if I start painting really quick).

Standard Bearer

Sat May 28, 2011 3:21 pm

When do we get the results?

Standard Bearer

Sat May 28, 2011 3:51 pm

it's still may so the threads are still open
once may ends the competition threads will be closed and the rangers will vote
then you get the results ;)
and the next stage of the fellowship journey begins

Villager

Tue May 31, 2011 1:26 pm

*sigh* Well that fails. I got half way through Goldberry, half way through a Barrow Wight test scheme and 3 quarters of the way through Bilbo before I ran out of light. On the bright side, at least I may be able to submit Bilbo later. Now to dig throug my archives and see if I have anything relevant.

Standard Bearer

Tue May 31, 2011 2:40 pm

:lol:
you still have 9:20 hours so if the light comes back in that time you could make it :P

Next
Return to Competitions