For all TLA's competitions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Re: Painting Competition Talk 04-05/11

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:29 pm

oh right
damn it
I need to make that post about the articles.. so much work to be done O_O
Gonna get some help from the community formatting articles into the proper layout for upload (I take roughly 30 min to upload a single article due to the formatting needed :|. If I can get a bunch of them formated I can upload them all rather quick)
So yeah, gonna ask the community for help and hopefully that'll mean a lot of articles getting uploaded to the system

Anyway, it's a good idea Chris. Keep the competitions open but avoid trouble if they don't get entries
I dunno about prizes. It does atract more entries but I have no idea how to work them out :P. Do remenber that I am a ranger merely due to the work I should be doing in the articles... :? oh... right... not doing my job so well.
Anyway, the point is I have no actual connection to the financial aspect of this website.
I think the easiest way is most likely using the direct order from GW with the pick up at your nearest GW. That does mean someone like me will have no way of collecting the prize but let's face it, I'm not gonna win anything :P
At least I can't come up with any other way of mailing a potencial prize to diferent places :|
I do know that TLA dice and shirts need to be ordered in batches, that's why they were only sold at events.

Standard Bearer

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:55 am

Just thought of an epic painting comp prize
A pot of paint!
:mrgreen:

Standard Bearer

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:44 am

Sending out some plastic models could work. They aren't too expensive, it often happens you have some spare anyway and, most importantly, they barely cost anything to ship - worldwide.
I wouldn't mind losing some models for this cause, and I'm sure many of the veterans wouldn't mind either.

Standard Bearer

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:29 pm

To be honest, I think that something as simple as the old stars system would generate enough incentive. After all, we're all collectors to some extent, and stars are just another thing to collect :)
http://bdhobbymadness.blogspot.co.nz/

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

Squire

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:36 pm

I certainly dont want a prize. I would rather be given the oppurtunity to judge the following months competition or something (obviously being unable to enter the comp if you win the previous months contest). I am chuffed to bits simply to have won something! Maybe a gold star next to you avatar, like a medal to show you have won a contest?
Til biþ se þe his treowe gehealdeþ, ne sceal næfre his torn to rycene,beorn of his breostum acyþan,nemþe he ær þa bote cunne,eorl mid elne gefremman.

Standard Bearer

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:30 am

not sure what the status is on medals/stars :|
We kind of "lost" our progammer to GW :P
A medal system like they have on the escapist could be interesting, I just dunno how to put it up

Previous
Return to Competitions