Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game

For general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and its expansions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:54 am

ME SBG, or M-e SBG, or just LOTR/Hobbit/ME SBG.

Whatever you call it, it's back! Supported by GW and with new models on the way.

Time to fire up the great kilns with dragonfire, let's make some noise!

Warrior

Re: Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:55 pm

Hi everyone, it really is back! Glad to see there is still some life in TLA and I hope we see the forum becoming more and more active as the game revives (although most hobby discussion seems to take place on Facebook groups these days).

I’ll finally be bringing my Lothlorien army back to the table top after prevaricating with it for about 5 yrs, all that heavy armour is just too much to resist.
Spiney Norman, Former Standard Bearer of the Last Alliance

For the time will soon come when Hobbits will shape the fortunes of all.

Villager

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:55 pm

I just ordered my Battle of Pelennor Fields box set today. I can't wait to get back into the game after a really long break. Not many people in my area still play LotR SBG but I have several friends and family members that are big LotR fans that I can hook into this!

Villager

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 pm

That's fantastic! The Pelennor Fields set is great value, and the scenarios are framed out of the movie, so people can watch the battle on screen and play it on the board.

The SBG community is small, but almost every Games Workshop store has a closet SBG player in their ranks looking for players.

In theory, the Hobbit Army Book is next month, Gandalf and Pippin on Horseback, probably in time for the Seige of Gondor coming out (hopefully this year).

I'm excited!!

Return to General Discussions