hobbit getting no support

For general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and its expansions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: hobbit getting no support

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Soooo...your saying quit the hobby that I have spent 1000ish euro on?Yeah..not gonna happen.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warrior

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:49 pm

da krimson barun wrote:Soooo...your saying quit the hobby that I have spent 1000ish euro on?Yeah..not gonna happen.

He's saying be more careful with your money...not to quit. I don't see how or why you spend near that much to begin starting on the hobby. That's an insane amount to start with it! :lol:
Who ever said swimming was easier then running never swam a 400 I.M.

Proud swimmer and athlete for Queen's University of Charlotte

Squire

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 pm

I probably exaggarated a bit.But most of my money is gone into this hobby.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard Bearer

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:42 am

Depending on your interests, miniatures can be bought from a wide variety of other manufacturers, although any humans are much easier to proxy than the fantasy races (monsters, on the other hand, are again available from many sources).
When new editions of rules get released, it's generally easy to get older editions for a very low price, and the basics (and quality) are generally the same. When not planning to attend tournaments, and when playing in a small community, deciding not to buy every new set of rules saves quite some money.
As paints, glues, dice etc. can easily be gotten elsewhere (and much cheaper too), there is no reason to quit the hobby while not buying anything, or at least much, from GW.

Now I myself have got quite some older stuff waiting to be painted, which is one of the reasons why I haven't bought anything from GW, let alone at GW prices, in quite a while now, but my upcoming two projects will actually mostly include models gotten cheaply on ebay (Shire army, mostly Fellowship hobbits converted to become Hobbit milita etc) or even not a single GW model at all (Arnor, never liked the style GW chose, and humans with heavy armour, shield and spear can be bought from many companies in a huge variety of styles - generally for about half the price of the GW metals).

Standard Bearer

Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:58 pm

da krimson barun wrote:Soooo...your saying quit the hobby that I have spent 1000ish euro on?Yeah..not gonna happen.

Gamesworkshop is not "the Hobby". There are plenty of other manufacturers, miniatures ranges and games out there. Most of them are a lot cheaper than GW, and some are even better quality. I've started an Anglo Saxon army for Gripping Beast's Dark Age skirmish game SAGA, and I'll also proxy them as Rohirrim.

If you have a problem with GW's prices, either take action and stop buying from them or stop complaining. Whinging about the prices, then buying something direct from GW the next week will only serve to maintain the status quo. If LOTR is still selling well, why should GW reduce the prices?

At the very least, try to always get a discount on your models (online retailers etc) or buy them second hand (ebay).

Squire

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:06 pm

With online retailers I end up paying postage so its the same(or more)The problem is I like GW models too much.I don't like using models that don't look like they did in the movie.And I don't buy much from GW anyway.Mainly from tesco (White dwarf) and an Independent retailer that doesn't restock and never will.

Warrior

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:08 pm

da krimson barun wrote:With online retailers I end up paying postage so its the same(or more)The problem is I like GW models too much.I don't like using models that don't look like they did in the movie.And I don't buy much from GW anyway.Mainly from tesco (White dwarf) and an Independent retailer that doesn't restock and never will.

What about all the models that aren't in the movie? ;)

Squire

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:54 pm

All other companies sell minis online.Which adds postage.And I have to buy bases.My armies are isengard,Moria and someday gondor(but not yet.)So I don't see any company that has anything that I need.

Standard Bearer

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:43 am

Why do I bother...

Warrior

Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:16 am

Eldarion Telcontar wrote:Why do I bother...

Because your dedicated to the good fight :twisted:

Previous
Return to General Discussions