Dwarves on Rams

For general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and its expansions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Dwarves on Rams

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:22 pm

I was looking at some of the minis from Unreleased Miniatures, I had never heard of them before coming here.
I have to say they do some nice work. I think their Dwarves riding Rams look much nicer than the pictures I've seen of the ones GW plans to release. Anyone else think so?

http://unreleasedminiatures.com/

Site Admin

Re: Dwarves on Rams

Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:51 am

I've ordered a few models from Unreleased, including Forlong the Fat (mounted) - or Fat Bismark or whatever they call him :D
They make some very nice models.

Villager

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:49 am

Their High Elves look pretty nice too.
Why are they putting the dwarves on rams though? I know that's been done in some fantasy games, like World of Warcraft.
But we saw Dain on a boar in the movies, why not follow that and put dwarves on boars?

Villager

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:53 am

Okay, I just saw the deleted scenes from The Battle of Five Armies and now I feel stupid. I didn't realize the rams were from the movie (I suppose they're in the extended version, which I haven't seen yet?). They even have the chariot, and that anti-arrow machine. Almost like Games Workshop had them put that in there.

Site Admin

Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Almost like Games Workshop had them put that in there.

VERY good point.
It isn't what happened, but it really feels like it should be.

Return to General Discussions