Mordor Book errata and FAQ questions only

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: Mordor Book errata and FAQ questions only

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:57 pm

I always believed it was just his character quirk. He's a more aggressive shaman who plays with fire, it makes enough sense to me that he has 2A 1W.

Villager

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:39 pm

key guys, a few more questions from Poland. Maybe some of them are here, but anyway:

1. Shoudn't Black Numenorean Marshal have lance option rather then two-handed weapon?
2. Shoudn't Kardush have A1 and W2 like other shamans rather then 2A and W1?
3. Spider Queen isn't independed hero in Mordor forcebook, and in Moria&Angmar forcebook she is - is there a mistake somewhere?
4. Mouth of Saouron is a Black Numenorean Hero and he does not have the terror Special Rule - is it a mistake?
5. The is no Black Numenorean Engineer option in the Mordor War Calapult but we can take Black Numenorean Warriors - mistake or not?
6. Why there is no Morannon Orc Shaman profile?
7. Should Shelob have 1 Attack and 0 might points?
8. The is no difference between Grishnak and Gorbag - that sucks...
9. Must Great beast of Gorgoroth move by front Arc(yeah I know that there is no such a thing in LotR rules accept Mumak) or can it move by flank? How does the Sourcerous Blast work on it? How should we measure the bow range - from Orcs, or Beast base? Can the driver be Orc Chief? Shoudn't it have resistant to magic Special Rule, or at least be immune to some of them like Mumak? How do we count it while resolving do we have broken force?

Standard Bearer

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Kevin wrote:key guys, a few more questions from Poland. Maybe some of them are here, but anyway:

1. Shoudn't Black Numenorean Marshal have lance option rather then two-handed weapon?
2. Shoudn't Kardush have A1 and W2 like other shamans rather then 2A and W1?
3. Spider Queen isn't independed hero in Mordor forcebook, and in Moria&Angmar forcebook she is - is there a mistake somewhere?
4. Mouth of Saouron is a Black Numenorean Hero and he does not have the terror Special Rule - is it a mistake?
5. The is no Black Numenorean Engineer option in the Mordor War Calapult but we can take Black Numenorean Warriors - mistake or not?
6. Why there is no Morannon Orc Shaman profile?
7. Should Shelob have 1 Attack and 0 might points?
8. The is no difference between Grishnak and Gorbag - that sucks...
9. Must Great beast of Gorgoroth move by front Arc(yeah I know that there is no such a thing in LotR rules accept Mumak) or can it move by flank? How does the Sourcerous Blast work on it? How should we measure the bow range - from Orcs, or Beast base? Can the driver be Orc Chief? Shoudn't it have resistant to magic Special Rule, or at least be immune to some of them like Mumak? How do we count it while resolving do we have broken force?

1. The real question here is; why doesn't he have both options?
2. This is likely a mistake.
3. They are two different profiles. The one in the Mordor book is the Spider Queen from Mirkwood, whereas those from Moria are nameless queens that dwell in the dark places of the world.
4. It would make sense if he had it, but he never had it.
5. There is no difference between the two profiles.
6. Because the Morannon Orc shaman model follows the same rules as a Mordor Orc shaman.
7. Cowardly as she is, yes.
8. Always been that way.
9. This has been answered earlier in this thread in grater detail.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Villager

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:51 pm

This question has been bugging me since ORB. In the event that you used Sauron without the One Ring, how does his fate and wounds then work? Would the rule be null void and he just doesn't have fate and takes the wounds without saves? Not a massive issue as he is hard enough to wound anyway but i would like any clarification.

Istari

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Radagast wrote:This question has been bugging me since ORB. In the event that you used Sauron without the One Ring, how does his fate and wounds then work? Would the rule be null void and he just doesn't have fate and takes the wounds without saves? Not a massive issue as he is hard enough to wound anyway but i would like any clarification.

I guess as he doesn't have a Fate value then it must be 0, so no fate saves.

Ranger

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Mordor Troll has War Drum, but those affected are different to the Orc Drummer's War Drum despite the same cost. Usually a named item of Wargear is the same throughout. While not as much fun as the orginal Troll Drum, it's a very powerful item with no drawbacks. Unlike the orginal Orc Drummer, this model won't hold back in combat!

Warrior

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Orc Drums are good in combat. F4 S4...

Troll drums have the same main drawback (ie cant charge) but effect everyone.
The only problem is you have to pay 150pts for it... I can get the witchking mounted with crown and lots of extras for that or shadowlord and dampen the bows, or lots of wargs for my orcs.

Villager

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Actually they've been reduced, war drums are now only 20 points :) I'm actually now considering one in place of a second nazgul...
Doubles 2011
Watson's Warlords: Err last place :-/...

Ranger

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Haven't seen this one here yet:
- If you were to field the Necromancer, could you upgrade the crew members on top of the Gorgoroth Beast to have F 4/4+, at the same time effectively giving F4 to the Beast, since it counts as a mount for them? (I assume that the beast gets charging bonus and can't be knocked to the ground by a charging MM, right?).
BlackMist - 2 times UK LotR Champion.
Coordinator of the Great British Hobbit League.
Click to view the rankings
Join the Facebook group to stay up to date with the latest Tournaments

Standard Bearer

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:18 pm

BlackMist wrote:Haven't seen this one here yet:
- If you were to field the Necromancer, could you upgrade the crew members on top of the Gorgoroth Beast to have F 4/4+, at the same time effectively giving F4 to the Beast, since it counts as a mount for them? (I assume that the beast gets charging bonus and can't be knocked to the ground by a charging MM, right?).

The great beast gets bonuses but isn't considered a cavalry model. As such, the beast cannot benefit from them having F4.
I don't see any reason for the Orcs not being able to get F4/4+ when including the Necromancer though.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

PreviousNext
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books