Mordor Book errata and FAQ questions only

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Re: Mordor Book errata and FAQ questions only

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Mordor 2012: page 37

"A great Beast of Gorgoroth consist of the Great Beast itself (which is a monstrous mount) an Orc Warrior rider (...) (who controls his mount (...)"

I think, that Necromancer's orc upgrade may increase Beast's Fight value to 4 :) Beast is monstrous mount as fell beast. For example Dark Marshal - with Fight 6 may mix choose to have Strenght 6 and 2 attacks, from own monut , but use his own Fight value. Monstrous mount is cavalery model GrashnarTheSecond.

Greetings, Ajas :D

Standard Bearer

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Ajas wrote:Mordor 2012: page 37

"A great Beast of Gorgoroth consist of the Great Beast itself (which is a monstrous mount) an Orc Warrior rider (...) (who controls his mount (...)"

I think, that Necromancer's orc upgrade may increase Beast's Fight value to 4 :) Beast is monstrous mount as fell beast. For example Dark Marshal - with Fight 6 may mix choose to have Strenght 6 and 2 attacks, from own monut , but use his own Fight value. Monstrous mount is cavalery model GrashnarTheSecond.

The model, however, doesn't have (Cavalry) listed like every other cavalry model. (Warg Riders, for instance).
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Villager

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Fell beast either, does it mean it is no more calavery model? ;)

Monstrus mount is that kind of mount which has got Stenght 6 or higher [ORB -> page 51] (Grerat Beast for example has got 6) - that means it is monstrous mount, ergo it is special kind of cavalery :)

Warrior

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Necromancer has a mistake under "Drain Soul" rather than "Chill Soul"

Standard Bearer

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:05 am

The Mumak is also not listed as a cavalry model either and to my knowledge they don't get cavalry bonuses for charging either, but since the Mumak is a mount according to the reworded rules it should.

Squire

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:58 am

I wasn't sure you could upgrade the riders, but they are "Orc Warriors" rather than simply orcs, so the Necromancer seems like he should upgrade them for 2pts each. It feels a little weird to me, but it seems like what the rules say.

The Great Beast is unarguably a monstrous mount (Morder at 37 "[the Great Beast] is a monstrous mount"), so if a rider is F4 then the whole model fights at F4. See ORB at 51 for "Monstrous Mounts count as cavalry" and 50 for "the rider fights as normal and the mount does not fight at all, but the rider can always use the Fight, Strength and/or Attacks characteristics of the mount instead of his own."

Not only does it look like an upgraded crew makes for a F4 fighter, but you would only have to upgrade one of the crew (i.e. the single Orc designated as the "rider").

Warrior

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:25 pm

thats the guy with the pike
Lust,Gulttony,Greed,Sloth,Wrath,Envy,Pride.

Standard Bearer

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:04 pm

You should upgrade the entire crew because I can shoot the driver which will drop you back to FV 3 with the replacement. All or nothing would be my motto otherwise you get into games about what orc is really the upgraded one. Either they are upgradable and all of them have to pay the price or you can't upgrade the thing.

Istari

Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:57 am

hixont wrote:You should upgrade the entire crew because I can shoot the driver which will drop you back to FV 3 with the replacement. All or nothing would be my motto otherwise you get into games about what orc is really the upgraded one. Either they are upgradable and all of them have to pay the price or you can't upgrade the thing.

Can you shoot the driver though? Individual models have no bases to measure to? Do you measure all shooting to and from the Beasts base?

Standard Bearer

Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Can you upgrade them? Is the more important question.

PreviousNext
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books