All Books Discussion and Questions

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: All Books Discussion and Questions

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:29 am

hixont wrote:Do Fury saves count for VPs in the scenarios that count Fate saves as VPs? This would be the evil equivalent of Malbeth when facing grubby the goblin king and a shaman.

------------------------| Yes
Is it a fate point? |------------------> It Counts
------------------------|
|
| No
|----------->Does not count
http://richmondwarmancers.blogspot.com/ a space for news, hobby tips, battle reports and opinion on Lord of The Rings, Battlefleet Gothic and both warhammer systems.

Standard Bearer

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:05 pm

The old ruleset limited banners to one per hero in the force. I am wondering if the current intent is a limit of one banner per warband, because right now I could technically include 12 banners of Minas Tirith in the same warband provided I have 11 Rangers of the North in my force, despite the fact that they're independent heroes and not even part of the same army list. This doesn't make sense to me.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Standard Bearer

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:22 pm

GrashnarTheSecond wrote:The old ruleset limited banners to one per hero in the force. I am wondering if the current intent is a limit of one banner per warband, because right now I could technically include 12 banners of Minas Tirith in the same warband provided I have 11 Rangers of the North in my force, despite the fact that they're independent heroes and not even part of the same army list. This doesn't make sense to me.

It's always been legal, but not very smart. I'd have no problem with you doing just that. Makes it easier to take down warriors in close combat.

Warrior

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:07 pm

The khand and Rohan bow issue is a biggie for my.
Can ROhan riders drop their bows??
Otherwise khand and rohan riders are cool but in need of some friends where as before htey could stand alone

Ranger

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 am

yes, that question was answered a while ago. I'm sure someone will have it's location.

Basically RoR 'drop' their bow before entering the battle (so only count those models actually firing the bow as being bow armed)

Warrior

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:49 am

The Newbie wrote:yes, that question was answered a while ago. I'm sure someone will have it's location.

Basically RoR 'drop' their bow before entering the battle (so only count those models actually firing the bow as being bow armed)

I find it interesting that they can do that, yet lurtz can't..... :roll:

Warrior

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:05 am

The Newbie wrote:Basically RoR 'drop' their bow before entering the battle...

But still pay for them...

Ranger

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:29 pm

meh, rangers pay for their bow, Woodelf Sentinels pay for their bow, trackers pay for their bow it's just one of those things. They were designed as a mounted archer unit but some people wanted to use a full force of them so GW allowed it. They could just have easily said NO.

Standard Bearer

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:30 pm

The Newbie wrote:yes, that question was answered a while ago. I'm sure someone will have it's location.

It's in the Q&A section of LOME, though I suspect it will be continued as a practice. I don't recall an FAQ on the subject.

Ranger

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:09 pm

theavenger001 wrote:

I find it interesting that they can do that, yet lurtz can't..... :roll:

This is because Lurtz would therefore gain his defence bonus. RoR get that bonus when mounted due to expert rider then when dismounted must choose shield or bow.

What would be best is if Lurtz was

Lurtz
Bow or Shield -free

This should not be the case for RoR as they would lose the defence bonus and there would be no point not to take outriders on horse.

PreviousNext
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books