Free Peoples Book errata and FAQ questions only

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Free Peoples Book errata and FAQ questions only

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:48 pm

As title
Last edited by LonelyKnight on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: hithero said so

Squire

Re: Free Peoples Book Discussion and Questions

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:02 am

Does Gandelf the Wight have Sorcerous Blast or not??

Squire

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:35 am

1. Can dwarfs field 100% bows? Their bows, are not listed at the list of bows that you are only 1/3 of.

2. Do Galadhrim Knights move 6" or 12" trough woods? It cleary states that Woodland creature also counts for the horse.

3. Can I have both Arwen and Glorfindel on horse in my army? Maybe this was already ruled somewere, but technically I do not think that Asfaloth counts as a named indiuvidual.
Singles GT 2011: 11th
Singles GT 2012: 11th
Doubles GT 2012: 11th

Standard Bearer

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:44 am

MatthewTW93 wrote:Does Gandelf the Wight have Sorcerous Blast or not??

Gandalf the White does not have Sorcerous Blast listed under his spells.

Ar-Pharazon wrote:1. Can dwarfs field 100% bows? Their bows, are not listed at the list of bows that you are only 1/3 of.

2. Do Galadhrim Knights move 6" or 12" trough woods? It cleary states that Woodland creature also counts for the horse.

3. Can I have both Arwen and Glorfindel on horse in my army? Maybe this was already ruled somewere, but technically I do not think that Asfaloth counts as a named indiuvidual.

1. As the rules state that SOME missile weapons are restricted, RAW indicates that this only applies to those listed. Thus, there is no limit on Dwarf bows right now. However, this is most likely an oversight and common sense dictates that Dwarves have a 1/3 bow limit.

2. Galadhrim Knights (the riders themselves) move 6" when on foot through woods, mounted they move 12". See page 27 where it is stated literally.

3. While it makes no sense, fluff-wise, there is also no distinction between Asfaloth and a regular horse, so RAW, yes. Just pretend one of them is another horse. :lol:
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Squire

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 am

2. Galadhrim Knights (the riders themselves) move 6" when on foot through woods, mounted they move 12". See page 27 where it is stated literally.

It is not. A model with the Woodland Creature special rule moves 6" though woods, and page 27 literally states it also applies to the horse. But they do have move 12" and tread Woodlands as clear terrain, so it is a little bit confusing, which rule goes first.
Singles GT 2011: 11th
Singles GT 2012: 11th
Doubles GT 2012: 11th

Warrior

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 am

Is Gilgalad supposed to have lost his horse?? My Gilgalad model on horse is feeling quite upset

Warrior

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:45 pm

GrashnarTheSecond wrote:
MatthewTW93 wrote:Does Gandelf the Wight have Sorcerous Blast or not??

Gandalf the White does not have Sorcerous Blast listed under his spells.

Ar-Pharazon wrote:1. Can dwarfs field 100% bows? Their bows, are not listed at the list of bows that you are only 1/3 of.

1. As the rules state that SOME missile weapons are restricted, RAW indicates that this only applies to those listed. Thus, there is no limit on Dwarf bows right now. However, this is most likely an oversight and common sense dictates that Dwarves have a 1/3 bow limit.

3. While it makes no sense, fluff-wise, there is also no distinction between Asfaloth and a regular horse, so RAW, yes. Just pretend one of them is another horse. :lol:

Grash, I don't think this thread is really designed to be a place to answer such questions - it's for the Studio to answer these queries, as many of the issues being brought up appear to be oversights, as you mentioned with the Dwarf Bows issue. For now, it's not much use for the community to answer such questions, except for unofficial tournaments if the Studio don't get an FAQ out in time.
James

Up for a game in Nottingham? Drop me a PM to arrange a battle!

Squire

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:14 pm

also can Gandelf the grey no longer ride shadowfax or was he forgotten??

also Gillys horse?

Squire

Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:08 pm

GrashnarTheSecond wrote:Also: Can Thranduil's Nature's Wrath be resisted?

That spell is insane! I really have no idea how it is supposed to work now. He is not rolling any dice but it doesnt say no one can resist it nor does it say he cant use will for it despite it being an autocast. If it cant be resisted, then that would be by far one of the more devastating effects in the game.

Villager

Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Glorfindel lost his terror... Eresotr gained terror.

Next
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books