Kingdoms of Men Book errata and FAQ questions only

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Re: Kingdoms of Men Book errata and FAQ questions only

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:38 am

Great... now I'm even more confused! xD Thanks a lot you guys! ;D

I don't know... getting to re-roll both dice is very powerful - 12 Blackroot Vale Archers can reliably kill a Mordor troll (assuming they all have clear line of sight) in 1-2 turns - on the other hand getting to re-roll only the second die is rather weak... I don't know what to think now... :cry:

Warrior

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:47 am

Can RoR drop their bows still? same for khand

Standard Bearer

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:27 pm

I've been looking at the Blackroot Vale Archers issue and I don't see why people are confused.
It's perfectly legal to re-roll both dice separately, as the rulebook clearly states the second roll on your 6/4+ is a separate roll: the wound chart on p. 22 says it is a roll followed by a further dice. In addition, the rules for Might on p. 36 also makes the distinction that this is two rolls, and specifically states that Might spent is added to both rolls. Nowhere is the word "reroll" present in these situations.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Standard Bearer

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:28 pm

I think the confusion arises when people read "To Wound roll" as deciding a strike instead of reading it as a roll that is taken to wound.
Been looking at the ORB too and I can't find any evidence of "To Wound roll" as meaning anything besides "a roll related to the to wound chart". And this allows both dice to be re-rolled separatly

Villager

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:17 pm

GrashnarTheSecond wrote:I've been looking at the Blackroot Vale Archers issue and I don't see why people are confused.
It's perfectly legal to re-roll both dice separately, as the rulebook clearly states the second roll on your 6/4+ is a separate roll: the wound chart on p. 22 says it is a roll followed by a further dice. In addition, the rules for Might on p. 36 also makes the distinction that this is two rolls, and specifically states that Might spent is added to both rolls. Nowhere is the word "reroll" present in these situations.

I've got in my head (but i cant find it in the rules and havent checked the FAQ's) that a "To Would roll" is the whole thing and therefore in the case of a 6/3+ (etc...) it is a single "To Wound roll" made up of two seperate dice rolls. Since Blackroot Vale Archers say "To Wound rolls" both dice rolls must be re-rolled. Like I said I cant find where I read it though.

Standard Bearer

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:39 pm

on page 27 of the ORB when they describe the process of working out a fight they say "Where the winner has 1 Attack, roll one dice and refer to the Wound chart below"
This is probably the sentence that led most folks to think it was all one roll.

But in the Wound chart they explain that a 6/4 means you must roll a single dice and score a 6, followed by a further dice that must score a 4+

The first sentence only says you roll a single die, something that we all know to be incorrect since it doesn't count with the 6/4; 6/5 and 6/6. But over time and months of not reading the sentence memory plays tricks on us.
I remenber I used to think that everyone did the courage tests for break point and then you moved, even though it's fairly obvious you need to test and move one at a time according to the rulebook

Villager

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Some new questions:
Eorl the Young must take his Horse(The magnificent Felaróf) whereas notibly Sharku's warg is now optional?

Eorl the Young's horse Felaróf has now been considerably nerfed. As a Armoured Horse with move 12" it now has less strength defence and courage, yet the piece costs the same?

In LOME Rohan had access to King of Men heroes but now they are just Minas Tirith pieces?

Ranger

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:31 pm

adragonsfang wrote:Eorl the Young's horse Felaróf has now been considerably nerfed. As a Armoured Horse with move 12" it now has less strength defence and courage, yet the piece costs the same?

O.o because horses NEED those stats? D5 is more than enough for a horse. Strength is pointless since the riders is S4 and courage isn't needed for mounts.

Villager

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 pm

The Newbie wrote:O.o because horses NEED those stats? D5 is more than enough for a horse. Strength is pointless since the riders is S4 and courage isn't needed for mounts.

The defence is useful, Im sure courage means something aswell? Strength maybe not since Eorl is the rider. But why did they change it. If you read the Free peoples book Shadowfax is completely unchanged and its stats are actuelly printed with gandalf? Why does shadowfax need the strength then? Yet we have to pay the same points for a nerfed Felaróf?

Squire

Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:33 pm

You do need the strenght actually. Gandalf or any other rider could be targeted with the spell "Wither" used by the Dol Guldor Shaman :) .
Singles GT 2011: 11th
Singles GT 2012: 11th
Doubles GT 2012: 11th

PreviousNext
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books