Kingdoms of Men Book errata and FAQ questions only

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Istari

Re: Kingdoms of Men Book Discussion and Questions

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:04 am

Going off topic here guy's. These boards are to spot lists and errors or ask questions about the rules. Please do not post personal views on profiles.

Squire

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:19 pm

is the new knight of the white tower worth it?
Does he have good stats?
OFFS FAQ ERRATA ONLY

Standard Bearer

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Aragorn, Isildur's Heir does not have access to Anduil, is this intentional? He now also benefits warriors of Arnor instead of Rangers, but also benefits Legolas and Gimli. Is this profile to represent him before the Fellowship (fighting in Arnor) or after, and when he comes to the Pelennor etc (would explain Legolas and Gimli)?

Nemo

Ranger

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Isildur's heir was released with 'the three hunters' so I would assume both of your answers are correct.

It can be used for his time before the Fellowship and jointly to make Gimli move a bit faster in scenario games.

Squire

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:44 pm

What are the stats for the horse of the Riders of the Dead.
Specifically is it D4 or D7?
An English professor wrote the words, “Woman without her man is nothing” on the blackboard and directed his students to punctuate it correctly.
The men wrote: “Woman, without her man, is nothing.”
The women wrote: “Woman: Without her, man is nothing.”

Villager

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:52 pm

The Black Sword wrote:What are the stats for the horse of the Riders of the Dead.

the horse is a generic horse ;)

in the italian book the Riders of the Dead have a movement of 6" :?
what about the english book? i hope it's a traduction error..

Standard Bearer

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 pm

tomgalad wrote:
The Black Sword wrote:What are the stats for the horse of the Riders of the Dead.

the horse is a generic horse ;)

in the italian book the Riders of the Dead have a movement of 6" :?
what about the english book? i hope it's a traduction error..

That's the movement of the RIDERS, not the horses. Refer to page 5 of your book. ;)
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Istari

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:26 pm

nemo wrote:One question Im pretty sure about, but would be nice to have cleared up is for the Kings Huntsman. His rule allows him to pass in the way rolls on anything but a 1, when shooting at heroes mounted on montrous mounts (ie fell beasts) does he choose which his original target is (ie. can choose the beast if he wishes, or the rider) and is it still a 2+ roll?

Im pretty sure it is like that, but just making sure it not hit the rider on a 2+ and beast only on a 1.

Nemo

A worthy question. The rules are unclear, as they say the horse is in the way of the rider, so strictly speaking it will always be a 1 horse 2-6 rider. The answer will probably be that his skill does not effect this attack as it is a 50/50 roll.

Squire

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Aragorn, Isildur's Heir does not have access to Anduil, is this intentional? He now also benefits warriors of Arnor instead of Rangers, but also benefits Legolas and Gimli.

He already did not have acces to Anduril I believe. And if you read closely, you will read that he benefits bith rangers and warriors of Arnor, because the it reads "both Heroes and Warriors of Arnor..." so with that they mean all the heroes and warriors from the Arnor list.
Singles GT 2011: 11th
Singles GT 2012: 11th
Doubles GT 2012: 11th

Standard Bearer

Re: Kingdoms of Men Book errata and FAQ questions only

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Ah I think you are right Ar-Pharazon, when it says Warriors of Arnor, it means all troops of the Arnor category, not Warriors of Arnor the unit. Confusing and would still like it cleared up, but I think you have read it right.

Another question,
Both Isildur and Elendil are listed as having 'very heavy armour'. Obviously there is no listing for this, and the Defense is stated as is, but does this add a greater penalty to the swim chart than heavy armour. I wouldnt have thought anything of it if it wasnt for Isildur's death, and I was just wondering if this was a characterful addon?

Nemo

PreviousNext
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books