Kingdoms of Men Book errata and FAQ questions only

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Re: Kingdoms of Men Book errata and FAQ questions only

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:29 am

If they are Gondorian by definition than so are the warriors of the dead which means they become FV 4 when near Boromir of the White Tower's banner. FV 4 warriors of the dead is a scary thought.
Last edited by hixont on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Villager

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:26 am

hixont wrote:If they are Gondorian by definition than so are the warriors of the dead which means they become FV 4 when near Boromir of the White Tower's banner. FV warriors of the dead is a scary thought.

I don't see why they shouldn't be. There is no "Gondor Army List" per se, there only is "Minas Tirith" and "The Fiefdoms". The Fiefdoms are part of Gondor both in the fluff and according to their introductory text. As I said, RAW this should make them benefit from all Gondor-specific special rules - if that's RAI is another question only an official FAQ can clarify.

I do believe that they meant 'Minas Tirith' instead of 'Gondor' in both instances and they just messed up somewhere along the way, but it could be argued either way...

Edit - Something else I'd like a definite answer to is this: Duinhir and Blackroot Vale Archers may re-roll to-wound rolls against monsters; how does this work against D7+ monsters? May they re-roll both dice or just the first when needing 6/4, 6/5, etc.? E.g. Duinhir rolls a 3 on the first roll to wound a Mordor Troll, re-rolls and gets a 6. Now he'd need another 4 to actually wound but rolls a 1 - may he re-roll this second part as well? I'd say yes, since e.g. 2H weapons also apply their +1 to both rolls, but how is it here?

Villager

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:00 pm

A reroll applies to both rolls I believe. Its in the rulebook. Or is it just modifiers that happen on both? I will check it tonight

Ranger

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:35 pm

"a re-roll can only be re-rolled once."

therefore D7 monsters happens like this:

X amount of shots hit.
Y amount roll a 6 to wound, Z amount fail to roll a 6 and so are re-rolled (with any 6s being collected).

You then separate pile Y and pile Z:
Pile Y can be re-rolled if they don't get the following 4+
Pile Z need to roll a 4+ with no re-roll, due to already being re-rolled to get the 6

Villager

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:22 pm

re-rolls to wound. Although in any of GW games you can't re-roll a re-roll it actually works like this.

we rolling to wound a monster or model that need a 6/4, 6/5 or 6/6 you actually get re-roll on both of the rolls. I believe this was confirmed way back when. So for example i need 6/4 to wound i roll 5 so i get to re-roll and get the 6 i need then i roll a 2 and can re-roll again getting the 4 i need to wound the creature. In the same way that +1 bonuses are carried over.

Warrior

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Radagast is correct as the first and second roll in a 6/4 are independent rolls.
If you rolled a 4 and rerolled to get a 6,
Then rolled a 2. You may reroll this as this re roll is of a different event.

Ranger

Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:27 am

I wouldn't say the roles were independent of each other they are the same roll 'to wound'

Standard Bearer

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:06 am

The Newbie wrote:I wouldn't say the roles were independent of each other they are the same roll 'to wound'

Correct, but they are two seperate dice rolls. I agree they are two seperate dice rolls, but I've been wrong with my pre-FAQ positions before.

Istari

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:05 am

A roll to wound can involve 2 dice but it is still a single roll to wound.
If you need 6/4+ and roll 6/3 then you must reroll both dice.
But then again, this would make the ability pretty usless, so maybe the intention of the rule is to only reroll the second die.

Warrior

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:24 pm

But you roll the 6 THEN roll the 3 that is two separate rolls, therefore two separate events. That is what I meant by independent. I meant in both probability and in the action rather than in phase.

The problem is not that you may reroll any failed wounds.
The counter we are discussing is "you may not reroll a reroll" ie, if it is already a re roll (as in you are substituting the previous result with the new result)
By rerolling both the first failed dice to get a 6 (which in our mythical story, lands on a 6 after the reroll) and the 3 (which now lands on a 4 of course, HURRAY) you have not rerolled a re roll. But reroll two separate rolls.

I see why you say otherwise i.e. by rerolling the first failed "to wound" roll you use up your chance to reroll on this phase but I dont think that is the intention.

The confusion is really only added by the way might gets involved.
1 point of might effects both rolls... damn

PreviousNext
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books