Fallen Realms Book errata and FAQ questions only

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Ranger

Re: Fallen Realms Book errata and FAQ questions only

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:03 pm

GrashnarTheSecond wrote:Let's say, hypothetically, I would be playing Adam Stott, and Adam Stott would field both Saruman and Sharkey. I'd say it isn't possible and he'd ask why not. I'd explain to him it's the same guy, and I would actually point to the fluff in the profile entry, where it's stated twice that Sharkey is Saruman. ;)

This is the last I'll say as this is like a dog chasing it's tail. The point you make here makes sense, HOWEVER it is possible to see how new players can make this mistake. It would have been better if all the same heroes with different names (Necromancer/Sauron, Sharky/Saruman, Aragorn/King Elessar) had the note saying 'may not be fielded with xyz', purely to make sure there was no chance of misfielding them.

Squire

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:38 pm

What about the Easterling captain? He has 6 defense and is the same cost as the Haradrim cheiftain who has the exact same stats but 5 defense, is this a typo, or is it meant to be. And then of course theres the Dunlending chieftain with 3 will... why?
"I WANT YOU TO MAKE THEM BLEED OUT OF THEIR EAR HOLES". -JC

Standard Bearer

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:38 pm

hasharin wrote:What about the Easterling captain? He has 6 defense and is the same cost as the Haradrim cheiftain who has the exact same stats but 5 defense, is this a typo, or is it meant to be. And then of course theres the Dunlending chieftain with 3 will... why?

The Haradrim Chieftain has the "Poisoned Arrows" rule. Granted, this only comes in effect when he carries a bow, but if you compare an Easterling Captain with bow with a Haradrim Chieftain with bow, it becomes more obvious. Both are 50 pts., the Easterling Captain has def 6, and the Haradrim Chieftain has Poisoned Arrows. ;)
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Squire

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Ok thanks I was just checking, also it doesn't say anywhere that the fellbeast counts as a monstrous mount, I'm guessing it's supposed to be.

Standard Bearer

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 pm

ORB page 51
Monstrous mounts are defined as mounts with S6 or higher

Fell beasts are mounts, they have S6 or higher so they are monstrous mounts

Squire

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Ok thanks, I saw that in the book but I wasn't sure. Because some things have it said in their profile. Thanks for the clearing up. :D

Standard Bearer

Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:38 am

Which models are you thinking about?
All the monsters I can recall with montrous mount rules mentioned in their profile only get them when they are charging. Otherwise they count as infantry and cavalry will get +1 attack vs them (can't knock them down cause they are tough buggers though)
Dragon and Cave Drake don't even get full monstrous mount rules for charging, just the knock down.

Standard Bearer

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 pm

The critters with the monstrous mount special rules are not mounts. You have to have a rider to be a mounted cavalry model. Luckily I don't think GW has created a strength six plus cavalry model that can't be dismounted (referencing warg marauder here).

Villager

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:03 pm

I still own the model with 4 Uruks carrying a battering ram. I had stats and costs for this in ORB or the old booklets, but cannot find them in any of the 2012 books. Is this still a valid piece to field when playing by The Hobbit rules instead of War of the Ring?

Warrior

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Just sent this to Simon Grant.

A chieftan on a mumak. When setting up his warband where can his warband be? Is it within 6 of him (ie have to be in the howdah) or within 6 of the mumak (ie can start on the ground)?

I think this is a small deal... but could come into play.

PreviousNext
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books