Fallen Realms Book errata and FAQ questions only

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Warrior

Re: Fallen Realms Book errata and FAQ questions only

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:39 am

RAW the answer is yes, but...

Amdur's and the Dragon Knight's 'Unyielding Combat Stance' specifically says 'HE keeps HIS footing' (in the fluff). Do you still get the 4+ save from knockdown when riding a horse?
War is not about who's right, but who's left.

Standard Bearer

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Isilduin wrote:RAW the answer is yes, but...

Amdur's and the Dragon Knight's 'Unyielding Combat Stance' specifically says 'HE keeps HIS footing' (in the fluff). Do you still get the 4+ save from knockdown when riding a horse?

Since all cavalry models are treated as a single model the answer should be yes. They didn't update the wording to say when on foot.

Warrior

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Dunlending chief has 3 Will... mistake or not?

Squire

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm

It`s always been like that, and if it wasn't supposed to be that way, he is massively overpriced when compared to an Uruk-hai captain.
Singles GT 2011: 11th
Singles GT 2012: 11th
Doubles GT 2012: 11th

Standard Bearer

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 am

P.32, Fearless: Can Floi Stonehand remove the Fearless! rule from the Mûmak? If so, if my force is broken, do I take a courage test for each crew member (including the Chieftain and the Mûmak) separately? Is it possible for the crew to 'flee' like this?

P.33, Moving the Crew:If models deployed in the howdah may not voluntarily leave as long as the Mumâk is still alive, then what use does the Rappelling Lines upgrade have?
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Villager

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Is there a rule to prevent a player from fielding both saruman and sharkey cause I can't find one? Same question about Worm and Grima?

Standard Bearer

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:04 pm

adragonsfang wrote:Is there a rule to prevent a player from fielding both saruman and sharkey cause I can't find one? Same question about Worm and Grima?

Page 5, Named Heroes.

As a final important note - you can only have one of any named individual in your army. You can't have an army made up entirely of Aragorns! The same is true if there are several versions of the same Hero - Sauron and the Necromancer, for example.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Villager

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:13 pm

GrashnarTheSecond wrote:
adragonsfang wrote:Is there a rule to prevent a player from fielding both saruman and sharkey cause I can't find one? Same question about Worm and Grima?

Page 5, Named Heroes.

As a final important note - you can only have one of any named individual in your army. You can't have an army made up entirely of Aragorns! The same is true if there are several versions of the same Hero - Sauron and the Necromancer, for example.

Its just they've removed the note in sharkey and worm's profile but the one under the necromancer remains. I can't find anywhere hard rules to tell players they are the same characters. I dnt get why they removed all the notes.

Standard Bearer

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:45 am

adragonsfang wrote:I can't find anywhere hard rules to tell players they are the same characters.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Book 2, Chapter 8: The Scouring of the Shire.
Doesn't get much more official than that. ;)

Standard Bearer

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:31 am

adragonsfang wrote:
GrashnarTheSecond wrote:

Page 5, Named Heroes.

Its just they've removed the note in sharkey and worm's profile but the one under the necromancer remains. I can't find anywhere hard rules to tell players they are the same characters. I dnt get why they removed all the notes.

Have you read the character descriptions of Sharkey and Worm in their profile?
Armies:

PreviousNext
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books