Discussion on the recommended fixes

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Re: Discussion on the recommended fixes

Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Something I noticed with with Gildor's rule is that it only works for Wood Elf Warriors, not the heroes, although this is probably a minor issue. A solution to this would be to allow Wood Elf Captains to take it for 5 Points.

Squire

Re: Discussion on the recommended fixes

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:43 pm

ngard84 wrote:4) The Storm Caller wears armor but only has a defense of 4 meaning he's a hero with defense 3.

I totally agree with your other points, but I think Storm Callers are fine as is. The rules shouldn't lose armor because the model is so obviously armored. There is also plenty of precedent for defense 3 heroes. Eowyn, Arwen, and both versions of Galadriel are all defense 3 base. It's not just the women, Mordor Orc Shamans are defense 3 base as are Easterling War Priests and both the unique and non-unique Moria shamans. The theory seems to me to be that minor casting wizard types aren't as tough as their fighty hero counterparts.

Previous
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books