FAQ Questions for the Hobbit Rulebook

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: FAQ Questions for the Hobbit Rulebook

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:16 pm

If a model is under the effect of a bats "blinding swarm" rule and the model also feints, is its fight value reduced by 1/2 or 1/4?

Previously, most war gear wasnt mentioned in a units profile. It was assumed that the model would have some kind of weapon on them. Is this still in effect? Are units like the goblin king stuck using his 2h weapon? or can he fight with a normal weapon as well?

Standard Bearer

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Shadowswarm wrote:Previously, most war gear wasnt mentioned in a units profile. It was assumed that the model would have some kind of weapon on them. Is this still in effect? Are units like the goblin king stuck using his 2h weapon? or can he fight with a normal weapon as well?

Hobbit rulebook, p. 67, Single-handed weapons. ;)
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Squire

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:22 am

GrashnarTheSecond wrote:
Shadowswarm wrote:Previously, most war gear wasnt mentioned in a units profile. It was assumed that the model would have some kind of weapon on them. Is this still in effect? Are units like the goblin king stuck using his 2h weapon? or can he fight with a normal weapon as well?

Hobbit rulebook, p. 67, Single-handed weapons. ;)

So yes, he has a 1h weapon, but can I make this weapon into a specific weapon? ie an axe?

I'm not sure if you can because of the FAQ:
"Q: A model that carries more than one hand weapon can
choose which weapon to use during each Fight (including
their appropriate special strikes). Does this mean that if I
model a selection of different hand weapons onto a model,
I will be free to pick and choose my choice of hand
weapon? (p67)
A: No. Models only carry a single hand weapon unless
they are upgraded to carry additional weapons (such as a
spear), or wield more than one weapon as part of a
special rule (as with the Hunter Orcsʼ Many Blades special
rule, for example)."

Ps: put the answer in your reply, there are plenty of people who browse these forums, and it saves them the trouble of finding it :P

Warrior

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 am

At the current time you can give any model one of
- pick/axe
- sword/dagger
- club
for no extra cost.

Squire

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:08 am

Using the hurl brutal power attack: where do you determine the direction of the throw? Do I draw a line from the model being thrown, or from the monster doing the throwing?

Warrior

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:26 pm

From the model throwing is more logical.
As you can throw in any direction and if you measure from the model being thrown then draw the lie it may cover the hurler... n that would knock himself over.

Warrior

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 am

cereal_theif wrote:From the model throwing is more logical.
As you can throw in any direction and if you measure from the model being thrown then draw the lie it may cover the hurler... n that would knock himself over.

It says you ignore the hurling monster as in the way of the model being hurled so I'd say the opposite is true, it wouldn't need to say that if you measure from the monster.
War is not about who's right, but who's left.

Warrior

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Except with the model being ON the monster is passes over it... argh its so stupidly complex for something that oculd be so simple.

Warrior

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:35 am

For most monsters it shouldn't matter, you'll generally be at least +2 strength and with the D6 you're throwing at least 3 inches, so that will get you through a 60mm base. If you have an elliptical base you'd be pretty stupid to try and throw directly back through yourself though, I haven't seen that happen yet.
War is not about who's right, but who's left.

Squire

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:15 am

I assumed that since all measurements are taken from the edge of the base, that you just picked the point at which the two bases touched and then measured a line from that point? Then you just pick up the model being thrown and move him along, preferably making appropriate screams and sound effects as you did so.
My LotR and 40k blog, Realm of Battle board, dwarves, gobs, space wolves and battle reports. http://simbattleboard.blogspot.com/

PreviousNext
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books