FAQ Questions for the Hobbit Rulebook

All questions or things you think are wrong about the new book to be posted here. Will collate into a long list and get it sent off after a while!

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Re: FAQ Questions for the Hobbit Rulebook

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:51 am

simmuskhan wrote:I assumed that since all measurements are taken from the edge of the base, that you just picked the point at which the two bases touched and then measured a line from that point? Then you just pick up the model being thrown and move him along, preferably making appropriate screams and sound effects as you did so.

Strangely that is how it is played in my games. Complete with the sound effects. :-P
Though in my last game against a troll there was much cursing as well. Kings do not take well to being tossed like an over ripen fruit.

Warrior

Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Can Dalamyr use his Might point to make his Smoke bomb-Transfix a channeled one?
Middle-Earth Monster Mash - 4th (Mordor+Harad)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash II - 4th (Galadhrim)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash III - 2nd (Thorin's Company)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash IV - 7th (Minas Morgul)

Squire

Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:41 pm

"Can Dalamyr use his Might point to make his Smoke bomb-Transfix a channeled one?" (quote function doesnt seem to be working for me)

Look on the page about might, it says what things might can be used to boost, so it looks like you can't.

Standard Bearer

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 am

In the last set of FAQs he could. He is rolling to hit which is a modifiable die roll.

Site Admin

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 am

hixont wrote:In the last set of FAQs he could. He is rolling to hit which is a modifiable die roll.

He was able to modify his roll to hit using might to ensure he did not run out of smoke bombs. Under the current rules he can still do so.

He wouldn't be able to change the effect of the smoke bombs into a channeled version though, since he is not actually casting a spell and doesn't have access to those additional effects.

Squire

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 am

I have MONSTER QUESTION and it is important.

Are Monsters that use HURL to throw models supposed to be played like a sorcerous blast, where if they hit a model in a fight they knock all models in the fight down, ot are they supposed to be super accurate like Legolas, where if the the thrown model passes over enemy models in fights, it is only the enemy models who are knocked down?

I used three trolls, and threw several models down the line of the enemy warriors that were engaged with my own, and knocked basically they whole army down. It was already fight phase so they couldn't stand up,so my men just chopped them up on the ground while they shielded.

It was fun to do once, but seemed a little bit over powerful.

TX!
I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.

Warrior

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:26 am

Arwen wrote:I have MONSTER QUESTION and it is important.

Are Monsters that use HURL to throw models supposed to be played like a sorcerous blast, where if they hit a model in a fight they knock all models in the fight down, ot are they supposed to be super accurate like Legolas, where if the the thrown model passes over enemy models in fights, it is only the enemy models who are knocked down?

I used three trolls, and threw several models down the line of the enemy warriors that were engaged with my own, and knocked basically they whole army down. It was already fight phase so they couldn't stand up,so my men just chopped them up on the ground while they shielded.

It was fun to do once, but seemed a little bit over powerful.

TX!

All models are knocked down in a fight I believe. But don't hold me to it
Who ever said swimming was easier then running never swam a 400 I.M.

Proud swimmer and athlete for Queen's University of Charlotte

Warrior

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:45 pm

I might have an answer to the big question: are models armed with spear part of the fight or not?

'Fight' and 'Combat' are used for the same thing through the book. Now I was looking on page 275 of the Big Rulebook and saw this:

A Multiple Combat can never contain multiple models from both sides. It can be 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1 or even 6 vs 1, but never 2 vs 2, or 5 vs 3

So GW is saying here that warriors with spear do not count as in a Combat/Fight. Because when you do count them in fights like 2 vs 2 are very common.

Villager

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:47 am

Theres been a hell of a lot of confusion on spears in my neck of the woods. Any answers to these questions?

1. If a spear warrior is in range of a banner but the model he's supporting is not, can i reroll the spear supporters die, as he is joining the fight per the rulebook?
2. Can an evil model supporting a model in a fight be shot at by friendly models? As again, he has "joined the fight".
3. Heroic combats? I saw some discussion on this and wondered what people thought. As the spear model is joining the fight, would he mess up heroic combats against models he's supporting?

They need some FAQ/Errata on spears methinks :)

Warrior

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:42 am

Lord Baltimore wrote:Theres been a hell of a lot of confusion on spears in my neck of the woods. Any answers to these questions?

1. Me think, yes
2. Yes
3. No
See the post above yours ;)

PreviousNext
Return to FAQ for the 2012 SBG Books